Lawrence up to 30 minutes in a game

Sparkle

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, goldstar said:

The Derby post on Instagram wishing him happy birthday has disgusted me. There's multiple directed messages at him with full on abuse. Sometimes there's more to life than football, its this man's first birthday without his mum, and theres absolute Bamfords sticking the boot in. Does my ducking head in. 

I keep well away from social media(except this board)those who post abuse for whatever reason are very very sad individuals, The ones who stand at the back of a crowd pushing others forward, The ones that agree with you to your face, Then slag you off after, They think it's normal and they have a god damn right to say what they want....cowards in sheeps clothing, Who if on fire I wouldn't cross the road to piss on them to put them out.

I wish him a happy birthday and hope one day he can turn the support around ☺️

11 hours ago, SKRam said:

I lost my Mum nineteen years ago and it can still hit me like a ton of bricks sometimes. I genuinely hope the lad is ok, I’m sure the club psychologist must have spent time with him. I cannot believe he doesn’t want to play sublime football week in week out and be a consistently good player. Not just Tom, any player at any club, can suffer vitriolic comments that do no one any good. It’s your team and it’s frustrating beyond words at times when said player doesn’t perform on the day and yes earning thousands every week carries responsibility with it. I’ll never boo any player in a white shirt, for the greater good and hopefully a run of results to get our team at least a sniff of the Play Offs, lets get behind the eleven players out there representing DCFC.

My Dad died when i was 30 and it was actually being at work that helped mask the pain, especially in the first year.

But I didn't go driving over the limit and when I was at work I tried hard , kind of to honour my dad's hard working attitude.

I know everyone's different & I wasn't under public scrutiny but even so !!

It might help if we regularly played Lawrence in a position where he's most suited, instead of on the wing, where he quite obviously does not fit in.

Brain-dead people posting crass comments about him on his birthday say more about themselves than the lad.

Re. the comment above about how people react to the loss of a loved one. We are all different and respond in different ways. Those who just get on with life don't necessarily deal with the grief, but just bottle it up.

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

It might help if we regularly played Lawrence in a position where he's most suited, instead of on the wing, where he quite obviously does not fit in.

Brain-dead people posting crass comments about him on his birthday say more about themselves than the lad.

Re. the comment above about how people react to the loss of a loved one. We are all different and respond in different ways. Those who just get on with life don't necessarily deal with the grief, but just bottle it up.

I must admit, I was more of a 'bottle it up' type, rightly or wrongly but being actually at work helped me forget

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

It really does make me wonder how they feel like that serves any purpose other than to kick him when he's down on what must be a really emotional day.

It blows my mind that people can't have any sympathy for what is the worst thing anyone can go through. Not someone beating you to a promotion at work. Not a fall out with your partner. Losing your mum, never being able to talk to her again for advice, comfort or just to be there. The lack of empathy sickens me. 

He doesn't do enough for us on the field and doesn't earn his money. I'd get rid of him to save his wages.

What I wouldn't do is give him personal grief on facebook or elsewhere.

I don't have any 'relationship' with him other than as a fan. It's about time that a but of kindness crept back in in my opinion.

5 hours ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

I keep well away from social media(except this board)those who post abuse for whatever reason are very very sad individuals, The ones who stand at the back of a crowd pushing others forward, The ones that agree with you to your face, Then slag you off after, They think it's normal and they have a god damn right to say what they want....cowards in sheeps clothing, Who if on fire I wouldn't cross the road to piss on them to put them out.

I wish him a happy birthday and hope one day he can turn the support around ☺️

Agree with the whole of you first paragraph.

Re the second paragraph, I reckon hes more likely to cup his ears to you than repay the support.

He’s 26 today. He’s got Lingard syndrome, people think he’s young and got loads of potential when he should be in the prime of his career, he isn’t going to get any better or more consistent at this point. If he was 21-22 then maybe you could excuse his inconsistency, but not when he’s 26. For his benefit, he needs a fresh start, whatever he does here, rightly or wrongly, he will always be seen by Derby fans as the one who was part of that drunken night out. 
A move back home to Wales may be best for him as it would mean he’s closer to family.

I do feel for tom lawarance losing her way he did everyone deals greath in different ways. But hitting the bottle is not it. I get how he feels losing my grandma and then in 2018 two days before christmas I lost my grandad sigh I miss him greatly. I cant bear go near the dopthlin in tge city centra as use to be his favourite drinking hole sigh just to painful.

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Speaking of Lawrence, does anyone remember when Gary Rowett said we would replace Tom Ince with a "very, very high quality replacement"?

I also remember Rowett praising the performances after yet another boring game of Pulis-inspired drudgery

It's fair to say we take anything he said with a pinch of salt

That said, I'm actually somewhere along the road to recovery on my old love for Rowett - As a player I always loved him and seeing him alongside Jim's lads at the Millwall game reminded me of that

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Speaking of Lawrence, does anyone remember when Gary Rowett said we would replace Tom Ince with a "very, very high quality replacement"?

I think it's fair to say Lawrence hasn't lived up to the billing.

Rowett also said we were going to get young hungry players, then signed Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley, Jerome... 

Archived