Lawrence up to 30 minutes in a game

Sparkle

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

Thanks for the player analysis, Mr Cocu. 

Yes, I sanction the sale of said player. 

Kind regards, 

M. Morris.

Not watched much football to be honest .

Was at the BBG when we put 4 by Real Madrid and 3  by Benfica so season ticket holder for over 46 years .

If you think Lawrence deserves is place in the team go to Specsavers and get checked out .

He's a Prima Donna !!!

6 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Most overrated player I've ever seen.

Free kicks rubbish 

Tackles like a girl

Passing pathetic

Runs around like a headless chicken

Too many other faults to mention .

Judging by most of the comments about him on this forum, I wouldn't say he is 'overrated' at all.  Most people seem to think he is rubbish!  He is a Championship level player playing for a Championship team.  If he were overrated I would expect him to be getting slaughtered in the Premier League.  

FWIW, I agree that is place in the team should be questioned.  He is frustrating in the extreme and has done little in the last few games (and many other games) to justify his selection.  Presumably Cocu (and those before him) judge him to be better, or potentially better, than the other options at our disposal.  That is probably a bigger issue that needs to be addressed in the medium to long term.  

There is a player in there, but he needs to show it more often than he does.  The glimpses are tantalizing, however; which is probably why he keeps getting picked.  He is clearly nowhere near the worst player ever to have played for us, however.  

He's not the worst player we've ever seen but he is one of the most frustrating I think. I think this is why people have such a harsh opinion on him as we can see the potential which i think we all know will never show itself consistently enough for us to be pleased with him. I personally think if he doesn't come good this season we should get rid next season. 

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

Keogh has turned fans opinion.

Malone bagged a goal.

Josefzoon did ok when coming on.

Who can we slag off next?

Oh, Lawrence hasn't scored in a while, he'll do. 

Have a word.

Its not that simple, since the first game of the season he has been woeful, he is the type of player  who when he is not on his game we may as well be playing with 10 men and he has not been on his game for the majority of the time recently.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

He's not the worst player we've ever seen but he is one of the most frustrating I think. I think this is why people have such a harsh opinion on him as we can see the potential which i think we all know will never show itself consistently enough for us to be pleased with him. I personally think if he doesn't come good this season we should get rid next season. 

I would get rid in January and try and sign a new winger, we aren't going to achieve much with him gifting the ball constantly to the opposition and showing bad attitude as harsh as that sounds. I would rather Paterson or Jozefoon play, as a 10 he is better but as we don't play with 1 he shouldn't play.

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I would get rid in January and try and sign a new winger, we aren't going to achieve much with him gifting the ball constantly to the opposition and showing bad attitude as harsh as that sounds. I would rather Paterson or Jozefoon play, as a 10 he is better but as we don't play with 1 he shouldn't play.

I'm not sure with our recruitment team we can get anyone as good within our budget let alone anyone better. 

27 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not sure with our recruitment team we can get anyone as good within our budget let alone anyone better. 

In that case we should play Jozefoon or Paterson , I highly doubt we would sign someone worse, with Cocu  in charge I can't see us signing may more crap players.

8 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Most overrated player I've ever seen.

Free kicks rubbish 

Tackles like a girl

Passing pathetic

Runs around like a headless chicken

Too many other faults to mention .

I think there are a lot more overrated players to pull on a Rams shirt. 

Lest we forget Mick Pickering who had an England appearance 

A good job he had had a side hustle in M People.

If you look at our highest transfer fees paid it's a veritable who's who of overrated players.

He's better than Butterfield and cost the same and if you'd take Earnshaw over him I'd be idly pondering the cruelty of early onset dementia.

Now, if you'd said the most frustrating player, then yeh, I can see that.

He's clearly got a lot of skill - just look at the goals at Huddersfield and plenty other really good goals he scored - but he doesn't seem to be able to put consistent performances together.

Well the lad is suspended for the trip to ? end Road this coming weekend, so someone will get an opportunity to take his spot in the starting 11 against Birmingham the week after(should they take their chance).

Lets see if there is anyone ready to do so ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Maybe just maybe this is the kick up the A-Riss that TL needs, Provided that someone does step up to grasp their opportunity.

I know he is frustrating to watch, but I can only think how frustrated he must be knowing what he’s capable of and his talent very rarely revealing itself.

He may not be the most overrated player, but he’s definitely the most frustrating I’ve ever seen put on the Derby shirt because everyone keeps telling me what amazing ability he has, although I don’t know what they are seeing. Tom Ince was criticised for being ‘arrogant’, even though he worked his socks off. Maybe Tom Lawrence should be more humble and do the same thing? I feel sorry for whoever plays at left back. 

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

It's his arrogant look which annoys me, especially before taking his ? free kicks. 

He is fast becoming a player I really don't like . 

"arrogant look "    is entirely subjective and a pathetic comment. At least base your complaints on something important.

4 minutes ago, DRBee said:

"arrogant look "    is entirely subjective and a pathetic comment. At least base your complaints on something important.

You can’t base a player based on looks because Ince had an arrogant look but grafted his socks off, but Lawrence certainly has an arrogant persona with is on field performances- he refuses to run back and defend when he loses the ball, he thinks he’s Ronaldo by trying to dribble past the whole team, he shoots from stupid angles when he should pass

Never have been able to get my head round why every season supporters have to have a whipping boy, Bradley Johnson went through the same thing.

People seem to berate players for the fee they believe we paid which actually is lower and includes add on parts which quite often are not activated.

Tom is frustrating at times but is involved in many of our good moments on Friday his movements across the line was excellent.We do not profit so often from such movement because the ball from further back is not delivered.

Eric Steele highlighted this when Martin came on moved and showed for the ball and did not receive it and looked totally annoyed.

Archived