Lawrence up to 30 minutes in a game

Sparkle

Lawrence Always seems to do well early in a game but not after 30 minutes in my opinion ( sometimes not even in the first 30 minutes) so should we just be pulling him off at half time in most games 

I know some sttatos will check up on this and please do so

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Lawrence Always seems to do well early in a game but not after 30 minutes in my opinion ( sometimes not even in the first 30 minutes) so should we just be pulling him off at half time in most games 

Well, if you think it may help with his second half performance, why not. Perhaps we should get george Thorne to do it. My mrs thinks he's quite "hot" and at least he'll still be contributing to the team.

On a serious note, was really proud of Lawrence at Huddersfield. His second half performance was just as match winning as his first. I wonder if he realises that? 

I don't get why he goes from this mature, grafter that can beat his man to the kid in the playground trying tricks on his own. And it happens within 90 minutes!! It's not just from game to game but within 1 match he can go from selfless to selfish and back again. 

It's frustrating because imagine where he would be if he knew when to keep it simple and when to burst into life. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

On a serious note, was really proud of Lawrence at Huddersfield. His second half performance was just as match winning as his first. I wonder if he realises that? 

I don't get why he goes from this mature, grafter that can beat his man to the kid in the playground trying tricks on his own. And it happens within 90 minutes!! It's not just from game to game but within 1 match he can go from selfless to selfish and back again. 

It's frustrating because imagine where he would be if he knew when to keep it simple and when to burst into life. 

Yes definitely one of the most naturally gifted players at DCFC, just a problem with application really. Otherwise potentially a future PL player. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Lawrence Always seems to do well early in a game but not after 30 minutes in my opinion ( sometimes not even in the first 30 minutes) so should we just be pulling him off at half time in most games 

8A78387B-6A82-47DD-9141-FD24A41D2739.jpeg

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

On a serious note... 

BOOOOOO!

With an OP like that, there should never be a serious note.  It just doesn't deserve them, using phrases like that!   Let's go back to the Half-Time Tug-off... I'd Like to see what BurtonRam thinks of this idea!

Not something I’ve ever really noticed before. I always think if Lawrence has a good game, he’s tends to have a really good game and impress over the full 90. Sadly thats not often enough- most of the time he flicks between being poor and average. I mean it’s not all that surprising, there’s very few consistent wingers in this league. But it is very frustrating, because Lawrence clearly has a lot of talent and technical ability. He’s just doesn’t show it because of his extremely poor decision making on the ball, he far too often makes the wrong pass or run into dead ends and attacks end with him. For a player in our team, he’s gives away possession too cheaply far too often, though he’s not alone in that respect.

Not a bad player Lawrence, but he’s no more than average and frustrating normally, and I personally can’t see that changing sadly. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Not something I’ve ever really noticed before. I always think if Lawrence has a good game, he’s tends to have a really good game and impress over the full 90. Sadly thats not often enough- most of the time he flicks between being poor and average. I mean it’s not all that surprising, there’s very few consistent wingers in this league. But it is very frustrating, because Lawrence clearly has a lot of talent and technical ability. He’s just doesn’t show it because of his extremely poor decision making on the ball, he far too often makes the wrong pass or run into dead ends and attacks end with him. For a player in our team, he’s gives away possession too cheaply far too often, though he’s not alone in that respect.

Not a bad player Lawrence, but he’s no more than average and frustrating normally, and I personally can’t see that changing sadly. 

Spot on mate 

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

Another let's pretend this thread is a Lawrence witch hunt post.

Not a Lawrence witch-hunt just an observation and mainly a huge frustration because we can’t afford to have players contributing nothing for long periods of a game 

Really hope Cocu can coach some more consistency out of Lawrence. The lad is a match winner. To me, it’s doing the ugly side that he did really well at Huddersfield. Doing that gets fans on your side and can boost your confidence when you get the chance to go forward. Because when he’s playing well, there’s plenty of ability there.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Not a Lawrence witch-hunt just an observation and mainly a huge frustration because we can’t afford to have players contributing nothing for long periods of a game 

I know that, Mr Sparkle

As we saw from Ince and Johnny Russell (and now from Lawrence and Waghorn), we seem to either get wholehearted commitment but variable quality (JR) or variable commitment and the odd flashes of brilliance (Ince and Lawrence).

I was happier with JR than Ince and I have greater respect for Waghorn than Lawrence over a typical season. At least Russell and Waghorn look like they are bothered.

12 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

As we saw from Ince and Johnny Russell (and now from Lawrence and Waghorn), we seem to either get wholehearted commitment but variable quality (JR) or variable commitment and the odd flashes of brilliance (Ince and Lawrence).

I was happier with JR than Ince and I have greater respect for Waghorn than Lawrence over a typical season. At least Russell and Waghorn look like they are bothered.

If you had whole hearted commitment AND quality then they wouldn't be playing for us and definitely not playing in the Championship

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you had whole hearted commitment AND quality then they wouldn't be playing for us and definitely not playing in the Championship

Whilst I think that you are right, I think that this is also the reason why we need players with better attitude and (at least) comparable ability to Lawrence if we to go up. As I say, you are 100% right - but this is why we are still in the league that we are in.

Tomori, Mount and (usually) Wilson gave up premiership quality and (usually - Wilson) effort and the difference nearly took us up.

Archived