Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pastinaak

v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think 4231 makes sense when you consider that we have 5 DMs in the first team squad and whilst we have 4 players who could probably play as the more advanced mids in a 433; 1 has missed preseason and is regaining fitness, 2 are youth players and other has seemed to historically prefer playing at #10.

Perhaps, just feel that we lack fluidity going forwards when we have 2 of Evans, Bielik and Huddlestone and then only one offensive player in front of them. I believe that Bielik is the kind of player who negates the need to play 2xDMs and allows for more creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Perhaps, just feel that we lack fluidity going forwards when we have 2 of Evans, Bielik and Huddlestone and then only one offensive player in front of them. I believe that Bielik is the kind of player who negates the need to play 2xDMs and allows for more creativity.

Oh I agree and I'm fairly confident that in the medium to long term we will see a switch to a 433. Knight and Sibley are both really talented and both will start to push for starts as we go on into the season. Also Cocu has a stated preference for a 433 so given more time and more chances to recruit it's likely that's the direction we take.

Share this post


Link to post

Enjoy Cocu's candour in the press conference regarding Paterson; saying the coaching staff had a meeting with him to discuss the way Bristol train, prepare etc. 

We should have thought ahead and picked up a loanee from every club. Missed opportunity. 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Enjoy Cocu's candour in the press conference regarding Paterson; saying the coaching staff had a meeting with him to discuss the way Bristol train, prepare etc. 

We should have thought ahead and picked up a loanee from every club. Missed opportunity. 😄 

What's wrong with sending the interns out for a nice walk around every angle you view their training pitch from in the lead up to a match. It wouldn't give you an advantage if you'd already done your research.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

What's wrong with sending the interns out for a nice walk around every angle you view their training pitch from in the lead up to a match. It wouldn't give you an advantage if you'd already done your research.

I can give you a 749 slide powerpoint presentation to counter your argument, can't I, Marcelo?

coffee cup GIF

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Enjoy Cocu's candour in the press conference regarding Paterson; saying the coaching staff had a meeting with him to discuss the way Bristol train, prepare etc. 

We should have thought ahead and picked up a loanee from every club. Missed opportunity. 😄 

Well that all depends on what he tells us doesn’t it.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well that all depends on what he tells us doesn’t it.

Agreed mate if we lose tonate send Pato back and banish him from the city of Derby for feeding us false information😁

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TibshelfRam said:

I can give you a 749 slide powerpoint presentation to counter your argument, can't I, Marcelo?

coffee cup GIF

Something of a classic. Caption competition perhaps.

Does my bum look wet in this.

Substitute my grundies pronto.

It was not there when I sat down.

Was that Bamfords drink.

Agua alert on tracksuit. Does it look like I p.... myself.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Aidan DCFC said:

Tonight cant make the game. Will have to watch on rams tv. Noticed its £10.00 but if i connect through a vpn saying im in holland....😉 its £5.00 ..... racist

Sky if you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Something of a classic. Caption competition perhaps.

Does my bum look wet in this.

Substitute my grundies pronto.

It was not there when I sat down.

Was that Bamfords drink.

Agua alert on tracksuit. Does it look like I p.... myself.

Even I couldn't spy that coffee cup

Share this post


Link to post

Think today we'll see a good few changes to the team. Poor showing at Stoke gives Cocu reason to change. 

Bielik for Hudds 

Bennett/Marriott for Zoon

Buchanan for Malone maybe? 

Maybe Knight for Dowell? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 17/08/2019 at 20:47, Ambitious said:

Roos

Keogh           Clarke

Lowe                            Bielik                        Malone

Dowell                      Knight

Lawrence

Marriott                       Waghorn

Please? 

If that's a 41212 then it looks good, 352 and it would be bad as you cant be having Dowell and Knight 2 holders.

Share this post


Link to post

Rest for big Tom tonight. Don't reckon 2 games in a week gets value from him. Bielik to start. Persevere with Flo-jo, Lawrence and Waggy as the front 3. Evans and Dowell. Same back 5. Bit dubious, but need a big game from Lozza. COYR.

Share this post


Link to post

Due to being brought low with an attack of acute pancreatitis in the small hours of Sunday morning, I shall be following this by the exclusive media of DCFC forum from my hospital bed👍

fear not lads, the old hoovers still got a bit of suck and blow about him. Now, where’s Hintonsboots with an oooh matron to speed the recovery?😂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.