Pastinaak

v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Roos 

lowe  keogh          Clarke   Malone 

Bielik 

Knight          Dowell   

Waghorn      Marriott         Lawrence 

evans, Huddlestone and flo jo are the areas we have to find better options for for me. Would have gone for Paterson if he wasn't ineligible. 

46 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't agree. I think Marriott would lead the line fine, and I'd prefer to see Waggy over Flo on the wing. 

Not the point, we look much more dangerous when they are up top together.....also Waggy is not a winger....have to agree to disagree 👍

18 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Roos 

lowe  keogh          Clarke   Malone 

Bielik 

Knight          Dowell   

Waghorn      Marriott         Lawrence 

evans, Huddlestone and flo jo are the areas we have to find better options for for me. Would have gone for Paterson if he wasn't ineligible. 

I like the look of that,what about Lawrence in the Baiano roll behind Waghorn and Marriott?

Lowe and Malone can push on with Bielik dropping in.

You’re welcome Philip👍

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I like the look of that,what about Lawrence in the Baiano roll behind Waghorn and Marriott?

Lowe and Malone can push on with Bielik dropping in.

You’re welcome Philip👍

Think it provides options for interchanging of positions. I think we are just missing an out and out wide player. A pipe dream I know but someone like Marc albrighton on loan in jan would be ideal. (I emphasise someone like). 

Roos

Lowe    Keogh    Clarke   Malone

Bielik

Dowell     Lawrence    Shinnie

Waghorn     Marriott 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I don't agree. I think Marriott would lead the line fine, and I'd prefer to see Waggy over Flo on the wing. 

Some of our best games last season came with Waggers on the wing and Marriott in the centre. I have no issue at all with trying the same again this season.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Some of our best games last season came with Waggers on the wing and Marriott in the centre. I have no issue at all with trying the same again this season.

Marriott with Lawrence and jafoozon is a recipe for us defending - now Marriott with waghorn and Bennett either side is a whole new ball game 

On 17/08/2019 at 12:47, Ambitious said:

Roos

Keogh           Clarke

Lowe                            Bielik                        Malone

Dowell                      Knight

Lawrence

Marriott                       Waghorn

Please? 

This would be my team for BC Tuesday, and for West Brom - but not sure whether I would use this for F***** or Brentford away

Couple of options here for me...

Roos, Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Dowell, Shinnie/Knight, Lawrence, Bennett/Zoon, Waghorn

or properly shake it up...

Roos, Keogh, Bielik, Clarke, Lowe, Bennett, Evans, Dowell, Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott - with Lowe and Bennett as wing backs.

To be honest, I'll be happy whatever if Huddlestone's not starting.

Roos

Lowe   Keogh   Clarke   Buchanan

Dowell     Bielik     Knight

Bizzle     Marriott     Waghorn   

I think this line up is all about sending out the right messages to the right players. Malone learns that if you're being such a douchebag that you have to be replaced at left back by a right winger, then you're CUT! Hudds learns that he has to stop being so old or you're CUT! Lawrence learns that it's all his fault. CUT! 

As soon as Duncan is back then Dowell is CUT and we'll look pretty good. 

couple things need to happen especially at home. We cannot be playing hudds and Evans together it’s far too defensive at home. We should be going at their throats from the get go. Either drop one of hudds and Evans or drop both for bielik and play start knight for dowell. Marriott is also a mist starter wether that means waghorn and Marriott start together as a 2 or waggy goes on the wing where he is less effective. I’d start with this with the potential for a diamond midfield Lawrence dropping into the free roaming 10 role and waggy going up top for the striker partnersnip of dreams 

Roos

lowe          Keogh         Clarke         Malone

Bielik 

Knight          sninniesta

waggy                                           Lawrence

Marriott 

On 17/08/2019 at 20:47, Ambitious said:

Roos

Keogh           Clarke

Lawrence

Please? 

I like the look this but the more I look at, I keep and thinking that there are areas of the team that could do with improving.

We would be very inexperienced in the centre of the park with Dowell and Knight in centre mid. Out of the two, I would much rather have Knight in the side than Dowell but can't think of who would be able to go beside Knight to provide an "older head" to partner him. 

I've not been overly impressed with Malone so far this season (I know we are only three league games into it) whereas Lowe has made a remarkable start compared to the one last season. I wonder if we could move Lowe in to his natural position and have Holmes in that RWB position but not entirely 100% on his defensive capabilities against opposing wingers. I suppose the Dutch style of "total footbalL" could come in to play here with Bielik slipping in between Keogh and Clarke when opponents are on the break to provide cover and width to the defensive back line and Keogh can support Holmes if he is to start as a RWB at any part of the season. Then when on a break, we have pace on either flank with Bielik pushing up to the holding midfield role to sling passes about.

I was excited for the Lampard season, but knowing that we have a manager now who seems to want to see a project through to fruition, I am excited to see what Cocu does to transform/evolve this team and get us out of the Championship. It's definitely a work in progress at this point.

On 17/08/2019 at 20:47, Ambitious said:

Roos

Keogh           Clarke

Lawrence

Please? 

Id really like to see this ... maybe swap Knight for Shinnie.    Lowe and malone would have to supply the width.

Just now, northantsram said:

Id really like to see this ... maybe swap Knight for Shinnie.    Lowe and malone would have to supply the width.

Knight, Evans or Shinnie can play that role. I picked Knight on the basis that he may have a breakout game, plus he's got a good record going forward in the youth teams. Evans and Shinnie don't offer much in that aspect. I'd not be surprised to see Huddlestone there. I fully expect Marriott and Bielik to start, not sure about the system though. 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Knight, Evans or Shinnie can play that role. I picked Knight on the basis that he may have a breakout game, plus he's got a good record going forward in the youth teams. Evans and Shinnie don't offer much in that aspect. I'd not be surprised to see Huddlestone there. I fully expect Marriott and Bielik to start, not sure about the system though. 

Yeh i agree about Knight hes a great prospect. Hard to know exactly what Shinnie offers just yet because he hasnt been given a chance yet. 

I think its a case of try a system to fit Waggy and Marriott in and Lawrence in that free role off the strikers where he seems to be most dangerous.

Good news on Holmes, would think that means the injury’s cleared up. Hopefully after getting some match sharpness with the under 23s he’ll be ready to return for the first team pretty soon. We’ve really missed him so far imo, we’ve lacked anyone to properly partner dowell in his absence- should be first choice when he’s back hopefully. May even watch the first half tonight before Man U vs Wolves