v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

You what?! He looked comfortable on the ball. Far more positive than anything Huddlestone was managing today, or than Evans offers us.

Honestly thought he was wasteful in the attacking third. Loved him cleaning up at the back. Maybe I meant more to criticise the system, would like to see him with two naturally attacking midfielders I.e Dowell and Knight.

Perhaps Shinnie will get a chance soon.

Cocu mentioned he certainly has some qualities, but needs to work with him and his team on what they want from him, but just perhaps, the robust unrefined midfielder to get stuck in is part of the learning about the championship that's needed as well. Or I could be talking mince. I'm not a football manager.

3 hours ago, jono said:

He has the speed and manoeuvrability of a supertanker but there’s no one as composed on the ball. I wouldn’t have picked him tonight but am interested to see how he fits with bielik, might be a masterstroke 

Did I really say that ?

Unfortunately, man for man were much worse than last season and I'd argue with Bogle out were missing our best 4 players from last season. 

You compare position for position this season vs last and unfortunately it doesn't make good reading:

Wilson > Josefzoon

Mount > Dowell

Tomori > Clarke 

Bogle > Lowe (I like Lowe, but the lad can't even control the ball with his right foot, I was embarrassed to watch him try take down a cross field ball with the outside of his left) 

Mason Mount is a firm start for Chelsea, and were looking straight down the mid-table line. 

Less said about Josefzoon the better.

I like Clarke, but with pacey forwards were really missing a CB who can get back quick as we saw vs Stoke.

I just don't think we have the answers to the problems this season. 

22 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I hope Rooney wasn't watching that. His agent will be going through his contract with a fine tooth comb looking for a get out clause. 

Shhhhhhh it’s probably 3.00 am over there and he might not have noticed 

Scary thing is that we haven’t played anyone good yet.

They need to wake up before West Brom because if they don’t they will get hammered.

The 3-5-2 is worth trying again, ideally with Holmes on the right.

Knight and Evans in the middle.

Mitchell-Lawson just behind Waghorn and Marriott.

Tell the underperformers to shape up or flock off.

6 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Didn't see the Lawrence missed chance. Was it a bad'un? Just seen that it clocked 52% XG. 

Came across goal and all he could do was guide it in. The most he could have done was lift it but I think he made the right choice by guiding it on target. Good save

Interesting game - Bristol ok and decent at the back but we were very sloppy with lots of the same old same old 

we clearly need 2 up front and Marriott as one of them and it will come and I can only see this happening if we play 352 

waghorn couldn’t  hold a single ball or Dowell pass a decent ball - lots room for improvement 

36 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

We gave them two goals. GAVE THEM TWO GOALS. Lawrence had our best chance first half saved by the keeper. We created the better chances first half and I thought we how are we 2-0 down then I remembered we gave them two goals. Second half we gave the worst display of crossing the ball I have seen. I think there will be some practice at Moor Farm on crosses next session.

Does Bennett deserve at starting place above Marriott? Should Bennett start above Marriott? I don’t think so. Even if Marriott only had one leg he should still start.

There isn’t a Marriott issue other than he’s carrying a minor niggle 

8 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Didn't see the Lawrence missed chance. Was it a bad'un? Just seen that it clocked 52% XG. 

Poor miss and good save at the same time, if that makes sense? Probably could've got there slightly quicker and he hit it low, but if you hit it high from that close you're almost certain to score, on the floor you give the keeper a chance, which he took very very well.

Season 1968 - 69 started badly after Clough and Taylor's team had finished 18th the season before 

Then promoted as Champions in 1969.

Headlines? Relegation start, promotion finish.

Unrivalled glory years followed.

So tonight we lost at home 2-1 

May 2020 is a long way off.

Thrills and spills along the way but that's why

I'm a Rams Fan!

Archived