v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

2,705 posts

Posted 3 minutes ago

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

We could play all night and we still won't score. Wilson and Mount are sorely missed. Dowell isn't in the same class as Mount.

Dowell isnt the same class as me..

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, Brisle have been decent for a few seasons now, and so after tonites game I must conclude that because of coming in late plus injuries, Cocu has yet to decide on who is who, whats what and should now be seeing who should really figure in his top 14 and those that need to make up the squad. . . Cos for me, that wouldnt have been my starting line up. 

2 minutes ago, timmo said:

Play Evans instead of Huddlestone. At least he's mobile and got a turning circle smaller than a cruise ship 

I'm sick of seeing that same old lunge and confused look in his face when he loses the ball 

Atrocious performance. 

Bristol sat back and didn’t even need to do anything but sit in all second half and we still only managed one shot on target. 

They let us cross and cross because a) we couldn’t cross b) even if we did we have no one to win a header in the box. 

Slow, pedestrian, lethargic and lazy. Malone, Dowell, Huddlestone and Waghorn all truly shocking. Not sure what Huddlestone needs to do to get subbed or dropped at this point. The pace of play is summed up by his blase languid nature. 

Dont kid yourself we were much better second half, Bristol didn’t need to play so didn’t. 

Only bright sparks were Lowe and Bielik, with Marriott getting off the mark. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Glad I saved my tenner on rams TV.

As glum as it sounded on radio Derby?

First half they edged it but had a 2 goal lead through some dreadful mistakes. 2nd half was spent in their half but of the what felt like 30+ crosses we put in, 90% didn't beat the first man and the other 10% were cleared easily. Decent performances from the likes of Lowe, Bielik and Marriott after coming on, but some real stinkers from Malone, Huddlestone, Dowell, Waghorn and Jozefzoon. 

10 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Agreed, but its criminal he keeps not getting started what does he have to do to start? Last season he done it so many times and basically won us the semi final in the play offs and then somehow didn't start over Nugent in the final? All I can think is maybe something in training is affecting the managers opinions of him?

He could turn up for training in plus fours, get Waghorn to carry round his niblick and swig from a pewter hip flask every 30 seconds and I'd still put him in from the start.

Archived