v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ramjit said:

So your saying not been a bad start but in another breath we mainly playing poo lol

I've not said anything like we are mainly playing poo. 

We aren't. The ball just keeps bouncing off the front 4. Everytime one keeps hold of it we create a chance/shot

I hate taking FKs quickly for the sake of it.

If you've got some idea of what to do it with it, great; but if seconds after you take the FK the ball is being passed around the defense I dont want to see it. 

4 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Waghorn was better for us on the wing, no joke.

I would agree, I can't understand why he's being continually played as a lone striker, particularly in home games. At times he's just charging about like a bull with a wasp up his arse

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I always feel a bit down when I see Huddlestone in the 11. The odd hollywood pass on an otherwise statue of a donkey. 

I honestly cant remember where he has controlled a game like a quarterback he's always compared to. 

Always slowed the play down, albeit with grace and composure.

Some huge over reactions here. 

I would have a chat with Malone, tell him to ignore the idiots and prove them wrong. We need goals and as a full back he is a threat, waste of a sub to bring him off.

Cocu has given players a chance, time to start making changes. Dowell is neat and tidy but not enough impact. Waghorn just doesn't look clinical or sharp enough as a number 9 to me. Move him out to the wing, Marriott on up front. Give Tom 10mins and bring Shinnie on if he doesn't look any more impressive.

Jo looked useless at wing back Saturday, even if he's on the right now. For all Malone'a faults he'd be a better wing back. 

Cocu hasn't really played 3 at the back at previous clubs so seems quite desperate to start doing it now. 

Malone won't play for us again unless we're desperately short of bodies. Hauled off at half time in 2 matches. Lowe is officially out first choice left back now.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well where do I start from that half?  First of all I feel desperately sorry for Cocu, it’s clear from what I’ve seen we’re trying to play football the right way and we probably don’t deserve on the balance of play to be 2-0 down. 

Problem is, we deserve absolutely duck all from this game in the bigger picture than just the balance of play. As I said the other day, Cocu has been woefully undersold a squad devoid of quality capable of challenging for promotion. This is our worst squad since the clough years in terms of personnel, caused once again by woeful recruitment organisation towards of the window.

At this point I don’t even wanna ducking hear people coming on here defending the club and the team saying to give the time or that it’s just mistakes. Those two goals are an absolute embarrassment to our club and I’d be having a field day as a forest fan. It’s not mistakes, it’s not excusable. It’s fun blown ducking idiocy and lack of any sort of concentration. They don’t look like they care enough and it’s not ducking acceptable. I’m absolutely bloody fuming at that, no use giving it back to the fans without showing it on the pitch malone- I’ve seen better performances down the pub than that first half! Roos is just not good enough commanding his box and we can’t giving him chances. Huddlestone is slow, Dowell is a ducking pansy, Bennett has no touch. 

I mean Bennett, Dowell and Lawrence?! That’s mid table mediocrity if I ever saw it. Surprised Cocu even wants to continue if this is all he gets. We deserve duck all out this game for a lack of any effort or care about the result shown by the players- Bielik, Lawrence and Lowe excepted. 

Shameful, shameful showing Derby. Get a ducking grip and start playing like it matters!

Fuming. Absolutely fuming

How can you recruit quality with no money? we spent it all on one bloke.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Some huge over reactions here. 

I would have a chat with Malone, tell him to ignore the idiots and prove them wrong. We need goals and as a full back he is a threat, waste of a sub to bring him off.

Cocu has given players a chance, time to start making changes. Dowell is neat and tidy but not enough impact. Waghorn just doesn't look clinical or sharp enough as a number 9 to me. Move him out to the wing, Marriott on up front. Give Tom 10mins and bring Shinnie on if he doesn't look any more impressive.

Sadly Shinnie isn't on the bench, shame as he could be useful here

18 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Well I think there was actually a lot to like there. But Brizzle very solid and well drilled defensively. Hard for us to break down. 

All our good play undone by a lucky miskick from Palmer for the first goal and howler from Malone for the second. 

This game is probably out of reach now. But nothing to panic about. Plenty of good signs. 

The advertising signs are nice and bright so I guess they're good but that's about it. 

Archived