5-minute match highlights

Ken Tram

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Still get the full 90 though. 

Started watching them back again. Played better against Swansea than I thought. 

I think Swansea was a case of we score the penalty and we win 2-0/3-0. 

In games were teams just decide they are happy with a point you usually get 1 maybe 2 good chances and if you don't take them it can quickly slip away from you.

3 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I think Swansea was a case of we score the penalty and we win 2-0/3-0. 

In games were teams just decide they are happy with a point you usually get 1 maybe 2 good chances and if you don't take them it can quickly slip away from you.

Yeah, at the start they look like they want to press us high but Roos, Keogh, Clarke, Bogle and Evans just kept finding a way out so they made a hasty retreat.

I didn't realise how slick the passing was whenever they tried to press. 

Needed just a touch more quality from Dowell and Lawrence and Waghorn. They got in good areas, they tried the right things but everything was just a bit too much or not quite enough. 

Jozefzoon played better than I thought too. He will get criticised for not actually doing a lot but in the first half here he was holding the ball up like Dawkins used to. If Lawrence and Dowell had as much about them then we could have got Malone and Evans involved in attacks more. Possibly squeeze another opportunity or two against a team that pretty much decided to play entirely on the counter.

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, at the start they look like they want to press us high but Roos, Keogh, Clarke, Bogle and Evans just kept finding a way out so they made a hasty retreat.

Needed just a touch more quality from Dowell and Lawrence and Waghorn. They got in good areas, they tried the right things but everything was just a bit too much or not quite enough. 

Jozefzoon played better than I thought too. He will get criticised for not actually doing a lot but in the first half here he was holding the ball up like Dawkins used to. If Lawrence and Dowell had as much about them then we could have got Malone and Evans involved in attacks more. Possibly squeeze another opportunity or two against a team that pretty much decided to play entirely on the counter.

Yeah I'm with you completely. 

What I find encouraging is it feels more like an issue with early season rustiness with the forwards more than anything and hopefully in the coming weeks we will see it start to click a bit more. 

9 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

The match highlights seem to have been cut from 10 minutes down to 5 minutes this season. 

I hope that this is not a permanent change... 

i was at Scunny game so 5 mins highlights must have been a struggle to find.....my advice if you want to watch more Derby highlights is to get on amazon and watch episode 6 of the new leeds documentary, comedy gold

15 hours ago, Alpha said:

My dad remarked that Jozefzoon looks like a player that could be Dawkins - if he wanted to. Thinking about it, he’s not wrong. But sometimes it’s like watching  Simon Dawkins trying to play like Jamie Ward.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

My dad remarked that Jozefzoon looks like a player that could be Dawkins - if he wanted to. Thinking about it, he’s not wrong. But sometimes it’s like watching  Simon Dawkins trying to play like Jamie Ward.

Yeah he's a frustrating player. 

He's like my dog. My dog always wants to get out the front door and he is quick enough to dart out on occasion. But when he gets out he has no idea what to do. He barks at the garden and then if you shout him he scampers back in with his nose surfing along the floor. 

But he's got good timing at getting out. You take the rubbish out and the second you have your hands full then he's barged his way through. 

Jozefzoon is as good as a bad dog. And I quite like him.

On 16/08/2019 at 17:25, ramsbottom said:

To be fair, a lot of the highlights from last season were full of filler.  Overplayed passes in the final third & under-powered efforts bobbling through to the keeper aren't exactly highlights... 

? They should perhaps be moved to the lowlights clips. 

Archived