v Stoke City (A) Match thread

Parsnip

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, don’t really see how we can have a toothless performance as we did against Swansea and not make any non eneforced changes. Lowe coming In at RB I don’t like, but with injuries we have no choice. Midfield I really don’t get, I thought it was quite clear from the Swansea game that that midfield doesn’t work together and lacks any balance or threat going forward- as much as they are individually good players. Feel like knight should be coming in for balance. Also surprised that Bielik doesn’t come in to start now he’s fit, but maybe he’s being saved for Tuesday. Fit he has to start imo, he should be pivotal to the team. Would’ve let Paterson start over Josefzoon as well, the latter has offered nothing so far, Paterson deserves a chance to stake a claim from the start.

Glad to see Buchanan get his chance in the squad after his performance the other night. Shinnie and Davies absent from the squad though for unknown reasons as of yet..... 

We are learning about Cocu's mindset game by game.

I suspected he might stick with the current XI (sans Bogle) until the results go against us, and so it has proved.

Time will tell if it's the right decision, but I think the players will appreciate the sentiment that you have to earn your place in the side.

I suppose the good thing is that if things turn sour, we have players to come off the bench and potentially affect the game.

TobyWanKenobi
10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shinnie and Davies absent from the squad though for unknown reasons as of yet..... 

Oooooh! Can it be my turn to make up the rumour this time? A falling out, no wait, personal issues, no needs more oomph.... A sex scandal. Definitely.  Must be true, where there's smoke, there's fire and I've just made the smoke.

1 minute ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Oooooh! Can it be my turn to make up the rumour this time? A falling out, no wait, personal issues, no needs more oomph.... A sex scandal. Definitely. 

Sex scandles are always the best basis for unfounded speculation. I'll go with Shinnie isn't in the 18 at the behest of several players wives who all insist on him being available for 2 hours whilst they know their husbands are preoccupied with the football.

4 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Oooooh! Can it be my turn to make up the rumour this time? A falling out, no wait, personal issues, no needs more oomph.... A sex scandal. Definitely.  Must be true, where there's smoke, there's fire and I've just made the smoke.

I heard shinnie banged Davies’ wife while on the golf course with Marriott 

Really thought Bielik would start and I’m surprised at him being on the bench after the Swansea and Scunthorpe games.

Suppose it’s a case of waiting for your moment, if you remember the same happened with Thorne when he first came. Started a good few games on the beach before getting his chance.

8 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Clearly likes the two holding mids away from home which is fair enough. I do struggle to see where the goals are coming from with that side though unless Lawrence or Dowell can score a few worldies. 

Waghorn just needs one, and more will follow.

15 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Think Shinnie could be suffering from signing for a manager who then leaves before he even arrived at the club.

I like it. 

It's important to get that identity set in stone and get a settled team playing exactly how he wants. Then you can introduce players into that and they can show if they offer more or less to the team. 

Bielik wasn't fit for last week and then played a full game on Tuesday so maybe Saturday came too early. 

Marriott also, wasn't classed as fully fit when the season started and played the full game. Showed signs of rust (as has Waghorn but he's been fit) 

Just a sensible safe line up. Dowell needs to settle down. Lowe is the best choice at RB if not an ideal situation for him or us. He's a good player that just needs games 

Safe team selection although not quite sure how  Josefzoon keeps getting picked he as offered nothing since he as been with us,lets hope he does not become a instant pick like Bennett was for FL whose team selections were baffling at times

I too like the choices.

Not so much because I think it will end up being our best lineup come end of season, but it certainly is our best known lineup right now. 

We are half way through August. No possible way to even start claiming other players will be a better fit, while claiming the ones currently playing together aren't good enough. Any talk of balance will take time, no matter who the players are. 

Loving Cocus approach so far. Excited to see which players emerge! 

coyr

Archived