• Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Roos

Lowe                  Keogh                  Clarke                 Malone

Bielik

Knight                 Dowell

Lawrence

Waghorn                   Marriott

Lawrence and Waghorn need to be fluid to create a 4-3-3 at times, but I would get those players in the team for this weekend. 

Don't disagree with your reasoning and can see the logic. But I would feel that we needed a natural out and out right winger to compensate for the loss of Bogle's natural width.

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You mean like Wisdom, Anya, and even Holmes? Yeah, it's a shame we don't have a 5th choice to fill in for when 4 players who are capable of playing there are all injured at the same time

Wisdom is a right back (or centre back) the other two are makeshift at best. 

39 minutes ago, europia said:

Wisdom is a right back (or centre back) the other two are makeshift at best. 

Isn’t isn’t that what you’d expect from a Championship squad? 2 players in each position (a squad of 22), with those players capable of filling other positions in case of emergency, and then supplemented with youth. Or are you suggesting we should have at least 3 players in each position on first team wages?

Like the idea of the diamond , suits our squad well . Did we end up something like that at the end at Scunthorpe on Tuesday I couldn't really tell ! Was about 3 rows from the pitch behind the net . Certainly didn't seem as though we're playing with any wingers . Seemed to finish 

Hamer

Davies.   Bielik.   

Lowe.               Evans.            Buchanan 

Knight.                Shinnie 

Paterson

Marriott.                    Whittaker 

If that's the case 

Hamer 

Keogh.             Clarke 

Lowe.            Bielik.             Malone 

Knight.             Dowell 

Lawrence

Waghorn.        Marriott.   

9 hours ago, europia said:

I never suggested that. Your words. 

“Seems odd that we don't have a right sided defender to step in as automatic cover for Bogle.”

To me that reads along the lines of ‘why don’t we have any backup for Bogle’. We have Wisdom as the immediate stand-in as a natural RB... but he’s injured. We then have one players who played there last season for a couple of games (Holmes), and another who has also played there in the past (Anya). If you aren’t suggesting we need more than 4 first team players capable of playing in each position, I’m not sure what you’re suggesting.

7 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Like the idea of the diamond , suits our squad well . Did we end up something like that at the end at Scunthorpe on Tuesday I couldn't really tell ! Was about 3 rows from the pitch behind the net . Certainly didn't seem as though we're playing with any wingers . Seemed to finish 

Hamer

Davies.   Bielik.   

Lowe.               Evans.            Buchanan 

Knight.                Shinnie 

Paterson

Marriott.                    Whittaker 

If that's the case 

Hamer 

Keogh.             Clarke 

Lowe.            Bielik.             Malone 

Knight.             Dowell 

Lawrence

Waghorn.        Marriott.   

It was still 433 to me. Whittaker RW and Paterson LW (very narrow though)

37 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Never driven to this fixture before - can anyone recommend anywhere to park that's better to get back to Derby in a reasonable hurry?

Hope you leave early and tell it here. Meltdown number 42385.

21 hours ago, angieram said:

It's not really got anything to do with tomorrow's match but I just let Kelle Roos into our office block and wanted to share! 

I once held a post office door open for Ben pringle. True story.

A lot of people picking Dowell and Paterson in their teams. 

I thought Dowell was really poor against Swansea. And even against Huddersfield I wasn't massively impressed. I think I would rather see him earn his place now. He did a few nice bits v Hudders but mostly he's overhit/underhit passes, crosses and set pieces regularly. He's also lost the ball in situations Jozefzoon and Lawrence rarely would. 

Paterson I've always though of him as a bull in a china shop. Charging around throwing himself at everything but not achieving a great deal. He has been an average Champ winger. I'm not saying he can't be good for us but I don't see how he gets ahead of Jozefzoon, Lawrence or Waghorn out wide yet.

Paterson has so far done what he's always done which is a Ward/Russell/Bryson style charging about. But he's lacked quality at every opportunity to do something. 

Jozefzoon on the other hand has been criticised for not doing much but he is at least holding the ball up well, stealing some ground and allowing support to come. That's more sensible than some mad sprint or Dowell waving the white flag and surrendering possession  

I can see why you'd keep 1 in the team to maybe let them settle. But both at the same time? Too much 'hurry up and do nothing.'

Waghorn also needs to be showing a better first touch or we may have to start considering his usefulness out wide. He does a decent job out there. Up front on his own he seems to be in a constant battle against his own touch and Dowell's terrible crossing/set pieces. Against Swansea he looked like Sammon

I hope Dowell and Paterson don't start together. I just see a lot of rushed attacking catching us out more than Stoke.

Archived