Sign in to follow this  
Pastinaak

v Stoke City (A) Match thread

Posted (edited)

I don't think we're anywhere near our strongest lineup yet so should bode well for future once Cocu hopefully finds his best team. Not sure any of starting midfield 3 will be starters at that point, josefoon also. Need to find a place for Bielik and Marriott and hopefully Lowe left back when Bogle back. Maybe 3 at the back with Bogle and and Lowe as wingbacks and Marriott and Waghorn up top! 

Edited by chelloram

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Was flojo any worse than Lawrence ... or Dowell second half 

genuine question ?

You could make the point that no there really wasn't much difference, but when you look at what they offer overall over a number of games, he's the weak link i.e. Lawrence's goals (although I'm beginning to question Dowell's sloppiness)

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Need 2 quality wingers that are more consistent then the ones we have and this team would be so much better

I think if we’re being brutally honest the 3 behind he frontman arnt consistent enough in their play and decision making 

flojo is the scapegoat for many but truth is there isn’t a Consistent performer between anyone of Lawrence, Dowell, Bennett or flojo

they are peak and trough week to week, game to game, from one pass to the next

Just now, goldstar said:

You could make the point that no there really wasn't much difference, but when you look at what they offer overall over a number of games, he's the weak link i.e. Lawrence's goals (although I'm beginning to question Dowell's sloppiness)

I’m slightly uninspired by all 3 truth be told 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I think if we’re being brutally honest the 3 behind he frontman arnt consistent enough in their play and decision making 

flojo is the scapegoat for many but truth is there isn’t a Consistent performer between anyone of Lawrence, Dowell, Bennett or flojo

I agree. It’s a shame we didn’t address that in the transfer window, although consistent players in that position are incredibly expensive.

I see that as a point gained rather than two dropped. Stoke should have won that, because we let their equaliser get to our heads.

We were also hampered by Dowell’s wastefulness with the ball - so many attacking moves broke down through him. 

The team is playing better than last season, because we are capable of finding our team mates, we don’t trap the ball then decide what to do with it as we seem much more aware of what is happening around us, so the passing is more decisive.

We still have quite a way to go, but we can get there.

Lowe played really well, Beilik showed what he can bring to the team, and Marriott was excellent when he came on. He isn’t just an instinctive goal scorer, he can play a bit as well.

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Was flojo any worse than Lawrence ... or Dowell second half 

genuine question ?

No mate zoon was the worst player I've seen in yeeeeeeeears! No idea what he was doing, no effort! Did you notice in  2nd half when the natural ball was zoon , we switched play rather than play it to him? The fans knew and so did the players! Useless! 

Posted (edited)

Marriott looked ready. Did more in 25 mins than Lawrence in 65 for sure. You can see he's hungry and is a  match winner. The sooner he's in the side the better for the team.

Edited by chelloram

3 minutes ago, enachops said:

People banging on about Marriott starting are doing my head in. He missed nearly the whole of pre season, and yet people expect him to start our 4th game of the season. These armchair managers are hilarious. He’ll start when he’s ready. 

I couldn’t be bothered to say it myself, so thanks 😂 

if Cocu starts Marriott against Huddersfield and he gets injured because he ain’t fit, the same people would be going mad

Great result, but the CM once again worries me

Our recruitment strategy been poor, we havent replaced mount or johnson. Evans and Huddlestone have their uses, not terrible players but cant play together by any means

Wingers our weak area but cant do much , as we decided to focus on rooney anyway. Shame

Huge test for cocu- with a very very limited squad

Marriott changes the game totally today as soon as he came on. Every time he’s on the ball he looks dangerous.

zoon was as painfully poor, how he stayed on is beyond me, especially with Bennett on the bench. Knight looked busy. 

Keough man of the match for me. 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Seems a distant memory from when Lawrence was getting all the plaudits from his performance against Huddersfield and I commented I hope it wasn't a false dawn......

Realistically if you had a consistent performer in that position they wouldn't be playing in the Championship

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I see that as a point gained rather than two dropped. Stoke should have won that, because we let their equaliser get to our heads.

We were also hampered by Dowell’s wastefulness with the ball - so many attacking moves broke down through him. 

The team is playing better than last season, because we are capable of finding our team mates, we don’t trap the ball then decide what to do with it as we seem much more aware of what is happening around us, so the passing is more decisive.

We still have quite a way to go, but we can get there.

Lowe played really well, Beilik showed what he can bring to the team, and Marriott was excellent when he came on. He isn’t just an instinctive goal scorer, he can play a bit as well.

I thought the ref had a decent game today