Sign in to follow this  
Pastinaak

v Stoke City (A) Match thread

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bielik does well to get the ball past the press and into midfield, but Huddz sends it back to Clarke and after complex sideways passes we give away a FK for a Huddz high boot.

7 added minutes.

A high boot which was almost at hip height. What a ref. 🙄

Just now, rammieib said:

Although also the off target ones for Stoke should have been goals...

Yes absolutely, that was going to be my follow up point. That's why xG is such a useful stat, which gets scoffed at for some reason. It suggested the 2-2 draw was pretty fair in the end, with both teams missing good chances.

20 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Watching on RamsTV...

Joflo is shocking. Brings nothing  absolutely nothing  

Clarke looks shakey 

Bielik looks ok

waggy one on one for his hat trick - great save by Buckland

Apart from ball he put through that waghorn should have won it for us with 

If Waghorn had finished that one on one that would’ve been a great smash and grab. As it is, a point despite being second best, so no grumbling from me. We need to step up our performances, but the question remains over the quality of our side in key areas. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Have we looked better since Marriott came on?

Absolutely. He's done well ot move the ball and get past defenders. 

Edited by Nyderby

6 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Decision making and accuracy really need working on. And for the love of god, find a way to not play Huddlestone or Josefzoon but play Bielik and Marriott!

Was flojo any worse than Lawrence ... or Dowell second half 

genuine question ?

13 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

57?

Yep. I posted that after Stoke got a throw in right at the corner flag which they took level with the area, which is nearly 18 yards pinched. That leaves just 41 yards for the 2,347 free-kicks which the ref gave them. Easy peasy.

Take a point, Waggy cracking to see him score a couple, was a good save from Butland to deny him.

Only midfielder today was Huddlestone. My MOM 

Did not sound like a good performance at all that. We’ve really gotta improve with our quality in the final third, been a problem across the games I’ve seen and I do worry that we just haven’t got the personnel to improve it. Cocu needs to realise that midfield doesn’t work as well, I’ll be annoyed if we start we that with that Tuesday night.

That said, a draw is a good result at stoke. They’ve had some poor results but they have real quality in their squad and you can easily go there and lose. That’s a good away point for me and a point gained. The two points lost at home to Swansea will be more costly imo