v Stoke City (A) Match thread

Parsnip

Great ball finds McCLean at the backpost, but he completely miskicks it. Let off.

3 golden opportunities for Stoke, on top of their goal. Definitely the better side so far.

HT 1-1

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Malone did that in the play off second leg then got sent off

Yeah - the fact that there's precedent makes it even more idiotic. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Great ball finds McCLean at the backpost, but he completely miskicks it. Let off.

3 golden opportunities for Stoke, on top of their goal. Definitely the better side so far.

HT 1-1

How is Max Lowe doing?

Half time thoughts. 

Roos: need Hamer for next game, poor distribution and should have done better for their goal. 

Lowe: excellent, attacking and tracking well. Needs 'Zoon to support him. 

Evans: best player out there, seems to be the playmaker with Hudds the enforcer. I'd bring Bielik on for Hudds for speed and physicality. 

'zoon/Lawrence: both flashes of skill and power, both need to protect the full backs though, getting overrun on the wings. 

Just a mention for Malone, he's a right Bamford for that end of half booking. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

How is Max Lowe doing?

Very well.

Slightly overrun one play forward.

Caught out of position once, but because Evans fluffed a pass. 

Only errors I remember. 

Positives - somehow we only conceded 1. Lowe and Keogh looking good. Josefzoon looking tricky.

Negatives-

Not enough presence in midfield. Evans Huddlestone and Dowell not working. 

Lawrence - our worst player, lost most 50/50s and given the ball away frequently. 

I would change Lawrence for Paterson and Evan's for Bielik. Maybe Knight for Huddlestone later on.

Some lazy performances after the goal, like statues when their around our box. 

Zoons offered nothing offensively and won’t help Lowe out who at times is overloaded. Huddle stone has been woeful, needs to go off , he doesn’t seem to have any composure on the ball.

Need some changes and urgency 

I'm a big fan of Lawrence but here's been poor this half. Constantly running in to trouble and losing the ball, and poor with his passing.

With playing 2 DMs we really need the players in front of them to show for the ball and keep it! 

Archived