Open Letter to Derby Fans

JAT

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

There is a long-standing tradition among the powers that be.

Any team can get away with anything unless they are Derby County.

Toddy banned from the England team for two years .

Rams fined for 'illegal' payments to Dave Mackay.

Multiple fines for Brian Clough 'bringing the game into disrepute'

Derby banned from Europe despite qualifying.

Ian Moore paraded as 'our new signing'.

OK these were in the early 70s but some organisations have long memories.

Putting a number 32 on a player's back when so many clubs are sponsored by the same business? Come on!

There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about! (Wilde)

You sound like a Leeds fan. ?

I don't think it has anything to do with us being Derby County but everything to do with it being Wayne Rooney. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

i have probably lost £8 -10 thousand pounds in the last 4 years,money I don't enjoy loseing  ,however enjoy studying the form analysing the teams and having a punt.I wouldn't consider myself to have a problem and know of people that spend far more going to the pub 5 nights a week or spending £20 a day on fags.

That sounds like a problem to me!  £2.5k per year!

...until I stepped back, and did some sums...

Up until I packed up in 2012, I was on 40 fags a day, at almost £7 per packet (of 20).  Let's say £13 per day.  So approaching £7,800 per year... the missus was half that.

I need to lie down!

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That sounds like a problem to me!  £2.5k per year!

...until I stepped back, and did some sums...

Up until I packed up in 2012, I was on 40 fags a day, at almost £7 per packet (of 20).  Let's say £13 per day.  So approaching £7,800 per year... the missus was half that.

I need to lie down!

Used to smoke 40 a day over £100 a week,mate spends at least £200 a week in the pub,I suppose it's all subjective ,I can spend the weekend placing bets and possibly lose £500 -1000 , some one else may go out on the Razz and blow a couple of hundred on a Friday or Sat eve.

I enjoy a punt and when I lose only consider myself to blame ,not the bookie , a tv advert or a footballer running round with an advert on his shirt that's my point. No body enjoys losing but if I have enjoyed myself and not lost too much consider it value for money as a form of entertainment and intrest.

if I go on a fruit machine anf play a £5 and it gives me an hours entertainment before loseing I would consider that good value.

fortunately I bet for entertainment with the enjoyment of winning on occasions and dispite being down overall in recent years I am up £1700 this month and consider my wagers affordable and more important controllable.

I honestly dont care... The annoying thing is everyone getting their knickers in a twist over it ?‍♂️

Rooney 32... If you change the number, then offer a shirt exchange to everyone that has had a shirt printed with 32 on like city did when Aguero changed shirt numbers

For me they should put gambling on the front of thr shirt. My 8 year old has no idea who 32 Red is or what betting is. He'd rather be an avenger. He does wonder why his shirt is different to the players shirt (or in previous seasons doesn't have a sponsor) like he's wearing a snide... If anything not having the same shirt as the players is drawing attention to it... by the time he is old enough to gamble, smoke & drink he'll hopefully be big and daft enough to make his own decisions 

The club should always make the best deal to improve the squad... Id happily call pride park the malboro arena if it improved us

Everyone is blowing this 32 thing way out of proportion & not sure i can say what i think about the trust on such a public forum but i do hate them 

3 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

Very attention seeking. 

If you don't want to buy a shirt with logo, don't buy one. Don't beat a big drum about it. 

If it is a Rams trust, support the Rams. The deal helps us. There are already enough haters. We don't need them in house too. 

Point is the rams Trust dont support Derby they support their own twisted agenda 

Am only replying to yet another thread on this ridiculous topic because it's already at the top of the forum so I'm not bumping it back up. No one outside Derby is talking about this anymore and nor should we. It's a TOTAL non issue. No one really cares - the media stirred it up on a quiet news day and the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Chair of Ramstrust(!) felt compelled to stick their oars in. As well as opposition fans who wanted to stoke it to try to obtain an advantage over the Rams. Don't let them.

The reality is that all of football is financed by betting companies. We play in the SkyBet Championship. If people don't like that, then tough. I wish all the threads had been amalgamated and then disappeared into obscurity. Come January if there's nothing else for the media to feel outraged about, they'll re-raise this issue again. But until then, can we just leave it be and move on and enjoy the football? And the idea of England's record goalscorer joining us in the next window.

Gambling is a vice that ruins as many lives as drinking or smoking and thus if the latter pair are banned then so should the former. 

If us taking betting advertisement to the extreme changes legislation in the mid-term then fine. We get money AND accidentally do some good. Fine by me.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Am only replying to yet another thread on this ridiculous topic because it's already at the top of the forum so I'm not bumping it back up. No one outside Derby is talking about this anymore and nor should we. It's a TOTAL non issue. No one really cares - the media stirred it up on a quiet news day and the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Chair of Ramstrust(!) felt compelled to stick their oars in. As well as opposition fans who wanted to stoke it to try to obtain an advantage over the Rams. Don't let them.

The reality is that all of football is financed by betting companies. We play in the SkyBet Championship. If people don't like that, then tough. I wish all the threads had been amalgamated and then disappeared into obscurity. Come January if there's nothing else for the media to feel outraged about, they'll re-raise this issue again. But until then, can we just leave it be and move on and enjoy the football? And the idea of England's record goalscorer joining us in the next window.

That sadly isn’t true. Page 28 of today’s Scottish Daily Mail- not the sports pages. Anyway, I can’t say I care, just don’t remember the furore when Bradley Dack was given the 10 shirt for Blackburn, sponsored by Bet 10, for example. It’s all about Rooney and getting the knives out. As others have said, however would we cope with Rooney playing Stoke in the Bet 365 stadium in the Skybet championship. 

Still think it would be nice to be sponsored by Rolls Royce though!

On 15/08/2019 at 11:35, Papahet said:

Ramstrust are the biggest bunch of crybabies around.

The guy at the head of Rams trust dunt speak on mine or mi mates behalf .. in mi own opinion he should keep his trap shut or resign. We all ay opinions but guess what mi owd .. the worlds an horrible place deal wi it. If wi ain't careful it will all go t*** up cause people like him keep it in the public eye and then scabs darn road will tek p*** again... btw sum o them have toad me think think mel Morris is a genius fer wot hes done ... deals done end of... 

39 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

That sadly isn’t true. Page 28 of today’s Scottish Daily Mail- not the sports pages. Anyway, I can’t say I care, just don’t remember the furore when Bradley Dack was given the 10 shirt for Blackburn, sponsored by Bet 10, for example. It’s all about Rooney and getting the knives out. As others have said, however would we cope with Rooney playing Stoke in the Bet 365 stadium in the Skybet championship. 

Still think it would be nice to be sponsored by Rolls Royce though!

What with all that corruption (alleged)!!!!

Not to mention the carbon footprint.

47 minutes ago, cannable said:

Gambling is a vice that ruins as many lives as drinking or smoking and thus if the latter pair are banned then so should the former. 

If us taking betting advertisement to the extreme changes legislation in the mid-term then fine. We get money AND accidentally do some good. Fine by me.

As said previously the EFL can't criticize Derby's action and continue it's lucrative partnership with Skybet.

Surely it’s the old adage of if you can afford it enjoy, if you can’t don’t do it.

Its been like that time memorial in more aspects than gambling, stocks shares etc, why on earth do self righteous clowns think they have any right to dictate how I or my family spend our money.

Just accept that unfortunately a slight minority have little or no control but the majority do and pay taxes accordingly thus making it a situation that will never be reversed.

Neither should it.

Thinking about it I was talking to some guy who told me that he has a none alcohol day once a week, me thought about it and I’ve probably not had a none alcohol day for 40 years.

Am I a raving alcoholic, no I have a couple of cans every night.

Am I dependent on it, I don’t believe so it’s what what I do.

Maybe we shouldn’t judge others on not conforming strictly to what is considered the norm or acceptable in today’s ultra correct society.

I’m no twitter guru, in fact can’t stand it, so may be wrong in my assumption when looking at Jim Wheelers stream (is that what you call it?).

He appears to like and retweet the Rooney announcement, including him holding up the Bet32 shirt, I know on Facebook if you like something you are happy with it ?

Apologies Jim if I’m wrong, but if not seems a bit hypocritical if so. 

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m no twitter guru, in fact can’t stand it, so may be wrong in my assumption when looking at Jim Wheelers stream (is that what you call it?).

He appears to like and retweet the Rooney announcement, including him holding up the Bet32 shirt, I know on Facebook if you like something you are happy with it ?

Apologies Jim if I’m wrong, but if not seems a bit hypocritical if so. 

Please take a screenshot!!!!!

Archived