Bielik: Defender or Midfielder?

RamLad1884

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I don't think he'll be here long enough to do that. If he has a season playing as well as he can, and we aren't promoted, we'll do very well to keep a hold of him. Might be the record received for a Derby player.

Hopefully he will be playing in the Prem next season - with Derby.

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I prefer him to Roos and think he will be our no 1 in the coming weeks.

I like Roos, he is athletic and quick, his distribution is good but his handling makes me nervous which can’t be 100 % right for a keeper !

I’d stick him at DM for his passing range, he looks a very confident player on the ball. No idea where it leaves Huddlestone, maybe time to move on in the window.

A midfield of him, Rooney and Dowell would or rather “should” absolutely boss games at this level.

We need him more as a DM and that's where he will play, but he is probably equally effective as a central defender if need be.  i know his debut was against a league 2 side, but my oh my what a presence he had on the pitch, he is an absolute beast of a player, calm, commanding, hard tackling bone-crusher who reads the game well and can bomb accurate long high passes or probing ground balls forward and brushes off challenges with his impressive strength, tall as a tower and only 22.  My goodness what a player we have there, my favorite already.

3 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

General consensus on here seems to be we want him in the DM role, a faster and more powerful Thorne. 

Started and finished the game at CB last night and was relatively comfortable and a great ball player. 

Where do we think his long term future will be in the team?

My gut feeling is that he will be kept as a CB and we'll see Evans in front (both play both roles in the 'total football' style). Hoping he takes over from Hudds in midfield though. 

Apparently Cocu put him in defense saying it would be easier for his first game which makes me think he will be midfield

3 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

General consensus on here seems to be we want him in the DM role, a faster and more powerful Thorne. 

Started and finished the game at CB last night and was relatively comfortable and a great ball player. 

Where do we think his long term future will be in the team?

My gut feeling is that he will be kept as a CB and we'll see Evans in front (both play both roles in the 'total football' style). Hoping he takes over from Hudds in midfield though. 

Christ I hope it's midfield, we're absolutely crying out for a defence to attack link-man, Bierlik in midfield threading goregous through balls for Marriott to run on to please.

Or we could just play him in defence, he could probably still do those through balls from there.

The guy can play anywhere, if it was Sensible Soccer i'd put him upfront.

He's going to take us up.

*perhaps i'm slightly carried away by one performance against League 2's bottom side and a League 1 highlight reel but i enjoy a bit of positivity

He has to be utilised as a midfielder for me. On the ball and his passing ability from what i've seen so far is wasted at the back. Couple that with having Keogh and Clarke, and Davies as back up, we don't really need him at CB apart from maybe the odd game if players need rests/ injuries or suspensions. Assuming Clarke and Keogh start Saturday, will be very disappointed if he's on the bench and not starting in midfield. 

2 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

12th September, 2006. Wolverhampton Wanderers away.

Does anybody recall how dominant, composed, calm, authoritative and tidy on the ball our holding midfielder was?

I've been saying for a long time that we've never had anybody who can even come close to that guy. What a player, what a legend.

Krystian Bielik might finally be the man to replace him. What a tribute that would be.

We can but dream.

What a night that was!

I’d just started college and I went to the game against my mum’s wishes. Night game? School night? Away game? Rough city? She feared the worst.

It was the night our season kicked into gear. Stevie Howard scored his first goal for us and we never looked back.

Of course, I returned from Wolverhampton floating on air, until my mum came to pick me up on Uttoxeter Road with a face like thunder.

She grounded me for two weeks and that included not going to the football.

But of course, on the day of the Sheffield Wednesday game, I ‘popped to Tesco’.

No regrets. ?

4 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

wow , was there last night , super performance from Bielik , some of the fans attending last night have him as a new hero already , a few more performances like that and he will be a huge fan favourite

Can average size fans have him as a favourite too ?

Cocu said after the game that he played him CB as it was an easier position for him to get minutes in his legs. He was only meant to play 60 minutes and asked to finish the game. 

I personally think it would've done him the world of good, although I think we may see him have to wait to Bristol at home to start his first league game. I fancy him to be on the bench for Saturday. 

Archived