Red Dogs Away

Philmycock

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

They might just give us the whole of the lower block then? pretty sure with segregation you can only get 4000 in there anyway.

No idea, I guess it’s at the club’s discretion.

I think the last time we won at the City Ground was in 2012 and we had the whole of the lower tier and during that time under Clough, we seemed to always go there and get a result backed by our huge traveling support of 4,500 or so. I went 4 times between 2009-2012 and we won on three of those occasions. 

Maybe it’s just a coincidence but ever since they reduced our allocation, we haven’t seemed to travel as well there.

1 hour ago, TibshelfRam said:

Plus, gives them an opportunity to keep those pink seats shielded from plain sight.

I heard that the new owner invested in a load of pink felt tipped pens and thanks to the youth team at NFFC * they have now brand spanking new looking pink plastic seats. 

* European Cup winners but they don’t like to talk about it. Much. 

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I hope Derby insits on 4k

Why would they, and how could they?  Maybe they could ask.  Maybe they could beg.  But insist?  No.  There is only one club that can insist, and that is For*st to insist they give us no more than they have to... The regulatory 10%.

Anything above that figure would/should be seen as a generous and kind gesture from our 6 fingered neighbours.

50 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is what I'm expecting. They don't like welcoming their neighbours and will try to restrict us to 2k and Notts Police will be the reason given.

I used to go quite a bit when we got the whole bottom tier of the stand and thought it made for a great  atmosphere. I miss those days. 2,000 just feels completely drowned out. I'm sure we give them about 2,800, might be wrong. Hope they don't restrict this as it could make for a great occasion. 

Hope the youngsters get a chance in this one. They'll be so motivated to win, and would be a good test for their future prospects, playing a rival in a cup game

Buchanan, sibley, Knight, whittaker, bird.... A real opportunity for them if they get a game

Archived