Sign in to follow this  
ramsbottom

Rooney chants

Posted (edited)

Wasn't there on Saturday, but reports from Final Score on BBC were saying that the crowd were singing for our incoming January signing throughout the game.  If this is true, don't you think it's a little stupid, and not to mention counter productive to the players on the pitch???  It's practically telling them that what they're doing isn't good enough and they're in need of a player 5000 miles, and 4 months away from being able to assist them.  Hardly going to help is it...

Edited by ramsbottom

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Wasn't there on Saturday, but reports from Final Score on BBC were saying that the crowd were singing for our incoming January signing throughout the game.  If this is true, don't you think it's a little stupid, and not to mention counter productive to the players on the pitch???

There was one Rooney chant, and two chants of "We'll sign who we want". It was more in retort to Swansea fans. Throughout the game is a massive exaggeration. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

There was one Rooney chant, and two chants of "We'll sign who we want". It was more in retort to Swansea fans. Throughout the game is a massive exaggeration. 

As I said, I wasn't there due to a wedding.  Just wanted some clarification...

It happened once as far as I’m aware, and was a joke back at the Swansea fans. I’m sure the current players won’t care about something like that- they’re probably as excited as the fans anyway! I’m sure they won’t take one chant as meaning we don’t care about the current players😂 Other than that one chant the rest was as normal with chants at the current players, don’t see an issue myself

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

As I said, I wasn't there due to a wedding.  Just wanted some clarification...

If you wasn't there, you can't comment. Plenty of players got their names sung and I believe the only reason that Rooney was shouted is because he said he was watching on RamsTV. 

Definitely wasn’t throughout the game.

In fact I heard the Scott Malone chant coming from the South Stand more than the Rooney chant.

Most hilarious part was when the South Stand started singing ‘Cocu, give us a wave!’ and nothing happened.

I just turned to my friend and said ‘Try it in Dutch next time!’

34 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If you wasn't there, you can't comment. Plenty of players got their names sung and I believe the only reason that Rooney was shouted is because he said he was watching on RamsTV. 

I wasn't at the D-Day landings, the moment Sir Isaac Newton discovered gravity, or the birth of Christ but I'm able to comment of those...

Ridiculous comment...

gordon ramsey idiot GIF

9 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Wasn't there on Saturday, but reports from Final Score on BBC were saying that the crowd were singing for our incoming January signing throughout the game.  If this is true, don't you think it's a little stupid, and not to mention counter productive to the players on the pitch???  It's practically telling them that what they're doing isn't good enough and they're in need of a player 5000 miles, and 4 months away from being able to assist them.  Hardly going to help is it...

To be fair, it's WAYNE ROONEY JOINING Derby COUNTY! 

Sure the players wouldn't care, the blokes probably been an idol to some of them for years, he's an England great after all

12 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Roo are yer, Roo are yer, Roo are yer...

12 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Fake news

Can’t wait for the fans to start getting on Rooneys back and booming him before he even gets here 😂 

The chant we could sing is a second verse to the the Cocu song....

Chim chiminy, chim chiminy, chim chim charoo
Who needs Frank Lampard when we've got Cocu.

Chim chiminy, chim chiminy, chim chim charee
We're Derby County and we've got Rooney

53 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The chant we could sing is a second verse to the the Cocu song....

Chim chiminy, chim chiminy, chim chim charoo
Who needs Frank Lampard when we've got Cocu.

Chim chiminy, chim chiminy, chim chim charee
We're Derby County and we've got Rooney

Inspirational!

On 12/08/2019 at 09:05, ramsbottom said:

Wasn't there on Saturday, but reports from Final Score on BBC were saying that the crowd were singing for our incoming January signing throughout the game. 

I'm surprised Final Score were even aware that there was football happening outside of the Premier League!