Outgoings before the window closes

Carl Sagan

23 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Anya is out for 3 months. Also, Cocu said this last night...

“We have a lot of players so if they train well and show me that they are ready with quality then everyone will play this season, as long as we all have one idea on how we play football."

hopeful jim carrey GIF#CM19

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

He's dead good int he? That's the kind of thing world class managers say.

I might have a cheeky fiver on him replacing Solskjaer at Manu before Christmas.

Mel’s managerial master plan!! £2m for Rowett-£6/7m for Lampard and Morris and £10m for Cocu and staff? Genius!!??

I think that although our U23s showed how they could play last night, how many of them are ready for the 1st team? Is that why so many were played?

As how many could we rely on throughout a long season? If they don't play lots of matches for us then they must surely go out on loan as going back to the U23s won't progress them as well, will it?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that although our U23s showed how they could play last night, how many of them are ready for the 1st team?

How many could we rely on throughout a long season? If they don't play lots of matches for us then they must surely go out on loan as going back to the U23s won't progress them as well, will it?

Hard to say. With any other manager I'd probably say so, simply because it's the norm; but this is Cocu's thing. Cocu was brought in specifically because of his renown in bringing youth players through. I'm not entirely sure what to expect. 

He talked about a long term plan for each youth player, over up to 3 years; but not knowing what the stages of those plans are its hard to judge where he sees the players we've seen.

But you have to assume playing in cup games and appearing on the bench for league games is later on in the process. 

The question, "Of the players we've seen how many could we rely on throughout a season?" is an interesting one. I wonder what the answer would have been from the majority if asked about Bogle at the start of last season?
It's also again down to Cocu's plan exactly how relevant that question is. 

I'm definitely intrigued though. I look forward to seeing the direction we take and the decisions we make over the next 2 weeks; before the lower league's transfer window closes.

I think we saw the players that Cocu thinks can make the step up last night.

Knight

Buchanan

Bird

Sibley

Whitaker

Expect to see them on the bench and getting minutes here and there as the season goes on. I think Knight will be this seasons break through talent and will get the most appearances.

20 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Knight

Buchanan

Bird

Sibley

Whitaker

Expect to see them on the bench and getting minutes here and there as the season goes on. I think Knight will be this seasons break through talent and will get the most appearances.

Agree on Knight, as for Bird after last night I truly believe he will make it and we could utilise him odd games but I think it would do him the world of good if he gets regular experience as below.

On 12/08/2019 at 11:04, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm half expecting Bird to go out on loan, think he needs experience of senior football at a L1 team.

Be great if say Burton could find a place for him.

2 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Isnt Anya injured just as bad as Bogle?

Bogle is said to be "weeks"; "will miss the next two games for sure".

Anya is out for 3 months, I believe

So, worse. ? 

58 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Knight

Buchanan

Bird

Sibley

Whitaker

But would the odd game and being on the bench be as good for them as going out on loan? For me I'd want all bar Knight to go on loan until (at least) January. I want Derby to do well this season firstly, and also for the youngsters to progress - to progress they have to play?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But would the odd game and being on the bench be as good for them as going out on loan? For me I'd want all bar Knight to go on loan until (at least) January. I want Derby to do well this season firstly, and also for the youngsters to progress - to progress they have to play?

Yes some will benefit from going out on loan, but you may not be able to get clubs for them, or the clubs that want them may not be a suitable fit. 

Several are clearly in the thinking for first team squad Knight being the obvious one. Sometimes being in and around the first team squad getting games is as good as going out on loan if not better. We didn’t have that many successful loan spells for our youngsters last year barring Lowe and Thomas.

If Cocu wants to keep them in house so to speak then, I trust him to progress them in the right way!

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Chalk and cheese example I know, but there’s a reason why Ben Foden never goes out on loan, that’s because Pep presumably believes he can learn more training with the squad and playing odd games, previously odd under 23 games, than move elsewhere.

Maybe Cocu feels some of Rams youngsters will learn just as much doing similar cameos, playing under 23’s than go out on loan?. Sibley, Whittaker and Buchanan might not be ready for our first team but are all so young they could go on loan anytime if need be.

We should offer some players out to Bolton, even if it means us paying the wages.

Martin and Thorne both seriously need to get games, they are literally coming into training here for jack poo reason has  they’ll never be near the first team. 

Get Bird out on a loan too.

On 14/08/2019 at 13:05, RoyMac5 said:

I think that although our U23s showed how they could play last night, how many of them are ready for the 1st team? Is that why so many were played?

As how many could we rely on throughout a long season? If they don't play lots of matches for us then they must surely go out on loan as going back to the U23s won't progress them as well, will it?

Cocu keeping his very high potential young players right under his nose.

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Would much prefer to see our youngsters being deployed this season than be crossing fingers waiting for the likes of Anya to regain fitness.

Nothing personal Ikechi, but these lads are the future and you're, well......?

Injured for 3 .months

On 15/08/2019 at 10:26, Papahet said:

We should offer some players out to Bolton, even if it means us paying the wages

And no doubt the club and Mel would be well up for the spotlight it would bring them in the press, helping out a struggling team. But... I doubt a seasoned pro would want to drop a division and go there, its not really a winning situation to be in and probably the only person at the club being paid would be pretty toxic for them

Archived