Outgoings before the window closes

Carl Sagan

No I'm not talking about Tyrone Mears. 

Although we can only bring uncontracted players in between now and January, our players can be sold or loaned to Leagues One and Two, Scotland or across the continent until early September (yes the rules are daft). Who's heading out to get games or try to rebuild their careers? 

Cocu had said already Oxford are looking at George Thorne. Do Anya and Martin stay around the first team this season? With Hamer in and Ravas also with a squad number, does Mitchell head out again? 

Are the youngsters with squad numbers last year but without them this season heading off to get regular game time? Or does the new regime want to keep our best prospects close in the academy? 

We have the Champions League U19 team to consider (having won the National U18 title last season), as well as maintaining our Premier League 2 status, both of which are important for the club's future. Because of that I don't see many loans of young players happening until Jan. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Thorne on loan to league one is definately a possibility with the number of CDMs we have. Could maybe still see Lowe go out on a loan or permanent back to the SPL as well, when Forsyth is fit as that’ll leave us with three LBs. 

Anya I believe is injured and will be for the remainder of the window so he won’t be moving anywhere, and that’ll stop any wingers like Josefzoon leaving. Martin I doubt will leave now, as he’d have wanted a perm elsewhere in the championship- and we only have three strikers so he’d need replacing which we cant really do anymore.

We have 4 goalkeepers so it makes sense one goes out, most likely a loan for Ravas or a permanent to league one for Mitchell even maybe. We’ve also got a fair few CDMS so may see bird go out on loan as well, as well as one of Knight or Sibley, probably the latter. Buchanan probably won’t get a look in at CB either so may go out on loan.

Think the youngsters who were close to the first team last season but missed out this season will probably stay with the youth teams. We’ve got a lot of matches to play at U23 and U18 level and we want to be winning as many as we can, in order to build that winning mentality across the club and keep our position at the top of the youth game. So we’ll need numbers and quality in the youth teams.

22 out so far since Wembley

remarkable if we get to 25 out (left back, goalkeeper, Thorne maybe even Anya, Martin, Wisdom and McDonald loan) 

Loans Gone back 4 - Mount, Wilson, Tomori, King  - replaced by 4 loans in Dowell/Paterson/Hamer/Clarke. 

Sold 4 - Johnson, Thomas, Delap, McCallister.

Released 14 - Bryson, Blackman, Nugent, Elsnik, Pearce, Ollson, Cole, Ambrose, Eyoma, Karic, Rashid, Gordon, Butterfield, Carson

non loan signings - Bielek, Shinnie (Rooney) 

At the moment - two for each position would give us 

Roos Hamer (+Mitchell, Ravas)

Bogle Wisdom

Keogh  Davies

Clarke Buchanan 

Malone Lowe (+ Forsyth, McDonald) 

——

Bielik Evans

Holmes Huddlestone

Dowell Shinnie (+ Bird, Knight, Sibley)

——

Lawrence Bennett (+ Anya)

Waghorn Marriott (+ Martin)

Josefzoon Paterson 

On 12/08/2019 at 00:46, Carl Sagan said:

Although we can only bring uncontracted players in between now and January, our players can be sold or loaned to Leagues One and Two, Scotland or across the continent until early September (yes the rules are daft). Who's heading out to get games or try to rebuild their careers? 

Hamer coming in suggests they don't think Mitchell cuts it as backup - Would expect to see him going

Fozzy has been in first team training all pre-season yet has barely featured - Could have played last night - Would expect to see him go at some point

Don't see Anya or Thorne forcing their way in with the young players getting the nod over them on almost every occassion

And I guess Martin is the backups backup now since he didn't feature last night

I think last night was the showcase of who is/isn't going to be around long(ish) term now - 11 changes yet still no place for Anya. Mitchell and Martin who are fit and no place for Fozzy who might be - Admittedly Thorne injured but also only player with a solid link to a loan move

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hamer coming in suggests they don't think Mitchell cuts it as backup - Would expect to see him going

Fozzy has been in first team training all pre-season yet has barely featured - Could have played last night - Would expect to see him go at some point

Don't see Anya or Thorne forcing their way in with the young players getting the nod over them on almost every occassion

I think last night was the showcase of who is/isn't going to be around long(ish) term now - 11 changes yet still no place for Anya. Mitchell and Martin who are fit and no place for Fozzy who might be - Admittedly Thorne injured but also only player with a solid link to a loan move

Anya is out for 3 months. Also, Cocu said this last night...

“We have a lot of players so if they train well and show me that they are ready with quality then everyone will play this season, as long as we all have one idea on how we play football."

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

as long as we all have one idea on how we play football

He's dead good int he? That's the kind of thing world class managers say.

I might have a cheeky fiver on him replacing Solskjaer at Manu before Christmas.

29 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Forsyth has only just got close to returning to fitness so I expect him to be in and around the squad end of Sept/beginning of October.

Id like to see Bird getting a loan somewhere.

Mitchell I expect to see go on loan to Bayern Munich, because whoever arranges our goalkeeping loans is on fire.

19 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Anya is out for 3 months. Also, Cocu said this last night...

“We have a lot of players so if they train well and show me that they are ready with quality then everyone will play this season, as long as we all have one idea on how we play football."

Remarkable statement from Cocu. If you will not play Cocu's way then you will not play. If you do you will get a game. Let the cull begin. We need players who can get us promoted but at least six who can transition to Premier League. 

Archived