Sign in to follow this  
Carl Sagan

How to take a penalty

5 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Were you on a fair few thousand pounds a week?

Not sure what money has to do with it, other than show your lack of understanding of playing football. Players from both teams get paid, each team trying to beat the other, just because you get paid well for it, doesn’t mean you aren’t going to miss a penalty or give away a goal. 

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure what money has to do with it, other than show your lack of understanding of playing football. Players from both teams get paid, each team trying to beat the other, just because you get paid well for it, doesn’t mean you aren’t going to miss a penalty or give away a goal. 

Hang on, someone posted that he missed a penalty in what read like a Sunday league game and compared it to Waghorns misses.

Im not here to slate MW.  Questioned his penalty duty. My post was the fact that these are professionals on more money than the people that run the country. I didn’t think it was a fair comparison that is all. 

I understand money isn’t every factor but it does come into criticism of performance. And  what do you know about my understanding of football?  Did I play? If I did what level? Do I coach? What level? Don’t assume people don’t understand football because you don’t agree with a post, or part of a post.

Edited by Ruda Harliss
👀

13 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Hang on, someone posted that he missed a penalty in what read like a Sunday league game and compared it to Waghorns misses.

Im not here to slate MW.  Questioned his penalty duty. My post was the fact that these are professionals on more money than the people that run the country. I didn’t think it was a fair comparison that is all. 

I understand money isn’t every factor but it does come into criticism of performance. And  what do you know about my understanding of football?  Did I play? If I did what level? Do I coach? What level? Don’t assume people don’t understand football because you don’t agree with a post, or part of a post.

I didn’t at any point compare his miss to Sunday football, for me it was a poor penalty, however my point was that no matter what level you play at, no amount of practice can prepare you for a match scenario.

Why does money have to come into the equation ? Just because you get paid several thousand means you have to score every pen ?Just seems  a strange stick to beat someone with, pogdba gets paid probably 10 times what Waghorn does, he also has missed a couple lately. 

Ok 

read posts properly. I never said YOU made the comparison just that I was responding to another post that did

I never said that being on loads of money ensures you don’t make a mistake, only that you will be judged on performance more than a Sunday league player. 

Now do I qualify to understand football as much as you? 

An expert obviously 

23 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I didn’t at any point compare his miss to Sunday football, for me it was a poor penalty, however my point was that no matter what level you play at, no amount of practice can prepare you for a match scenario.

Why does money have to come into the equation ? Just because you get paid several thousand means you have to score every pen ?Just seems  a strange stick to beat someone with, pogdba gets paid probably 10 times what Waghorn does, he also has missed a couple lately. 

Ok 

read posts properly. I never said YOU made the comparison just that I was responding to another post that did

I never said that being on loads of money ensures you don’t make a mistake, only that you will be judged on performance more than a Sunday league player. 

Now do I qualify to understand football as much as you? 

An expert obviously