DCFC Ram

Radio Draby post match

I will try and back our local radio team as much as I can.

Yes, the game was naff and Swansea did what we did against Huddersfield, shut up shop in the second half and defend. We were a penalty away from winning the game. Feck me though, Radio Derby do encourage a moaning culture. It's either "brilliant, fantastic, organised" or "shambles, too slow, no creativity"...... it's like Arsenal Fan TV at times.

23 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Cocu has a finite amount of airtime Ramage has a lot of deadtime to pad out.

Whether you care to admit it or not filling all that void time even with drivel requires a modicum of skill.

thats  amazing I never thought i would hear ramage and skill used at the same time either as a footballer or a radio expert

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

They really need to be selective of the questions and comments they read out. One text read out talked about Shinnie playing. They shouldn't even be giving that comment any airtime, simply embarrassing. 

The only thing I'd say is that other local radio stations are just as bad.

I don’t really like to comment on RD’s coverage for obvious reasons, but just a point on this based on my own experiences.

Often you can’t be selective because there really isn’t much interaction. So anything & everything you get, you use.

6 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

I never thought i would hear ramage and skill used at the same time either as a footballer or a radio expert

That's a bit unfair. He had a decent amount of technical ability but lacked the pace needed to make it really count - and got slower through injuries. In the early part of his career he played for England U21s and was a 1-in-4 goalscorer as a midfielder. If he was a yard or two quicker, he'd have had an even better career.

I personally don't take Ramma seriously one bit, he's a joker and you can tell that he likes to tek the piss a lot. I think Ed Dawes is a quality bloke and there is worse commentators out there. When we're losing/playing poorly they'll tell it how it is, however sometimes they can be too negative and critical but alike anyone else they can have their opinion. They both love the club and that shows with the enthusiasm that they show. One thing that made me laugh is how often (must of been every couple of mins) that Ramma kept saying bring Marriott on. 

1 hour ago, Mazzaram said:

Sick of hearing Ramage drone on about how things were different 'in his day'. Has no relevance to today's game. He is a relic. Really infuriates me when I am travelling back home. The so-called fans who text or phone in usually seem to be negative. There must be others that are more positive out there. There is no balance and they should have a clean sweep and get rid of the commentary and 'pundit' team. 

Garbage, the lot of them.

Rant over!

But it suits them to have the fans live on air who seem to be negative as that gives credence to the negative comments they make throughout the match i listen to them i must admit They are supposed to be professional commentators but when you get Dawes turning round to Ramage and telling him to stop blowing kisses at him etc, ffs, i know they have to fill the gaps when there is a break in play, but really, it's not as if they are funny. That's Saturday night banter when your'e out with the lads on the ale,(not me personally i must add.)not commentating at a match.

Oh for the days of Graham Richards, now they were exciting commentaries, he made you feel like you were there in the ground.

That's my rant over, my missus reckons i get more like Victor Meldrew everyday, can't see it myself

14 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

I don’t really like to comment on RD’s coverage for obvious reasons, but just a point on this based on my own experiences.

Often you can’t be selective because there really isn’t much interaction. So anything & everything you get, you use.

You have let the cat out the bag now, next week we are all going to purposely text in with total garbage. 

Beyond all the moaning and poor takes, the sheer lack of research is laughable. They have one job, they get paid to do it and are in a position most of us would dream of, but don't know players names or which teams they've played for, or even positions at times.

Just now, CHCDerby said:

If I we're Cocu, I'd make sure I was waving next game, but it would be a Royal one finger wave.

Grown men crying over him not waving, I've heard it all now. 

Women and gender fluid people too, Derby county are an inclusive club don't you know.

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

I personally don't take Ramma seriously one bit, he's a joker and you can tell that he likes to tek the piss a lot. I think Ed Dawes is a quality bloke and there is worse commentators out there. When we're losing/playing poorly they'll tell it how it is, however sometimes they can be too negative and critical but alike anyone else they can have their opinion. They both love the club and that shows with the enthusiasm that they show. One thing that made me laugh is how often (must of been every couple of mins) that Ramma kept saying bring Marriott on. 

Okay Ed

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

His post game thoughts, and out of game statements are usually fairly reasonable.

I just find that his in-game commentary makes us sound at least 20% worse than we actually are - which makes games seem ducking dire if we're not playing well. I didn't notice until I was watching games at the same time as listening.

I think they make us sound worse too, not the same as when you’re actually there. When the opposition get near the goal they ramp up the excitement, up the volume and the listeners usually expect the ball to go in the net. If you’re sat there watching you don’t feel that way. I only listed when I’ve no other choice. 

On 11/08/2019 at 10:17, RadioactiveWaste said:

I quite like Craig Rammage because he could be literally any Watford fan babbling incoherently about a football match. Gives me reassurance I could be a sports broardcaster.

That's like me watching "My 600lb Life" on Quest Red to feel grateful that while i may be porky, I ain't THAT fat..........😂

False comfort..........

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Beyond all the moaning and poor takes, the sheer lack of research is laughable. They have one job, they get paid to do it and are in a position most of us would dream of, but don't know players names or which teams they've played for, or even positions at times.

Actually, Ramage has another full time job that pays his wages and he has to make time around this for his Radio Derby commitments. He probably spends a lot less time reading about Derby County than we do and he certainly doesn't attend the academy matches like quite a few of us. 

I found this out when I met Dawes after an away match last season. He was staying at the same hotel, but Ramage had to get back to Watford for his day job. A long drive from Ipswich after match duties finish and an early start.

I have to say Dawes was much more balanced in person than he appears on Radio Derby and his knowledge of the team is usually pretty good. I just think Ramage and Dawes don't work so well as a pair as they both tend to slip into the same negativity too easily.

Both Owen Bradley in the past and Chris Coles now offer some much needed balance, but that often only happens after the match.  However, they can only react to the calls they get at this stage - and some of our fans are a lot more negative than they are! Not saying it isn't fueled by the commentary (I very rarely listen to it) but why don't more balanced posters ring in? I don't know. I never do.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

why don't more balanced posters ring in? I don't know. I never do.

I agree with this, I don't either. I think it's the same with a lot of things. We're quick to complain to customer services or write a poor review if something doesn't meet our satisfaction yet as a nation we rarely praise when we're given great service etc.

Probably just ingrained to us at a societal level that when things are well, we don't kick up much fuss. Same applies to contacting Radio Derby.

I listened to the commentary on RAMS TV aka BBC Radio Derby. I learnt it was a 0-0 draw. Specifically Ramma said wotds like 'too nicey too nicey" ( re our midfield). The next day I watched the highlight footage on Rams TV. These showed me our midfield played well. 

What do we learn re Radio Derby ? Its all a bit too kneejerk. All expected a better result after Huddersfield away win. Maybe we have some tired legs out there? The Shinnie mix up was the team trying to find a text that answered the very cleat and obvious question - would GS have helped?

If Bogle doesnt play tomorrow are we free to ask "might he have helped?"

Its the problems of having a big squad I guess?  Keeping up with those on the bench and who are fit!!??

9 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

thats  amazing I never thought i would hear ramage and skill used at the same time either as a footballer or a radio expert

Ohh, bit harsh .  Remember Cox saying he was the best young player he'd brought through after Gazza and he would have played for England if he'd been more arsed .   One of those sacrificed like Ormondroyd, Davison, and Coleman for the generation of wonder boys who we flogged a couple of years later after they couldn't be arsed.

Radio Derby is rubbish. Ramage and Dawes are far too negative for my taste, and don't really paint an accurate reflection of the game. Owen Bradley was the best part of the coverage before he left to join Rams TV.