v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

They are getting minutes with the first team right now and Knight came on in the first game. Dont understand what your saying?

Dead right. That’s what the manager has said isn’t it. He’s got some players who are close to starting so he’s had a look at them. Some seem to have done themselves no harm. 

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ft 0-1

I'll take it.

Bird the only young player to come out of that game without great accolades.

Especially wonderful for Buchanan.

Bielik is a monster, and looks excellent value for his fee.

Special mention to Hamer, who kept us from going a goal down with a wonderful save, and did nothing wrong all game bar a slightly dodgy punch right at the end.

Marriott will be frustrated, but pressed well.

George Evans was excellent in the second half.

Lowe filled in at RB competently, although clearly not comfortable there.

Shinnie very tidy.

Paterson had bright spots but seemed wasteful.

Well done tonight lads. Great experience for the younger players and sounds like Knight especially will be involved with the first team this year.  I listened to most of it on Radio Derby and to be fair to them, what I heard was pretty positive.

Missed most of the first half.

Saw the whole second half.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Saw absolutely nothing to make me worried about the future.  These young lads are very, very promising.

Now... quick dash back to the airport, as I'm at work for 7!  

Yoooooooooooooo RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMS.

Not pretty but it's still a win with a relatively mixed team.

As previous mentioned, IMO the RB position is a concern if Bogle is out for sometime. Paterson was again poor (2 games in a row now) but will still give him time.

Particular highlights with Hamers great save at the near post and all round distribution. Bielik also looks like an absolute unit who can play. I like to think of him as the Polish Yaya Toure. 

That was enjoyable.  Great to see the young players working hard for places they now know are always up for grabs.  Thought Shinnie and Evans did really well and Bielik, just wow.  Looked like his ankle was hurting him near the end, hope he's okay for Stoke, we need presence like he gives.

Archived