• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with

Hamer

Bateman Keogh Clarke Lowe

Sibley  Shinnie Knight

Bennett Marriott Holmes

Let's see what Bateman has in his locker if he is needed. Lowe deserves a chance as do whole midflield trio. Good opportunity to get some minutes to front line as well.

Lot of changes might lead to disjointed showing, but I'm pretty confident Cocu has the team drilled, no matter who plays where.

I'd be half-tempted to play Holmes as a RB, he might be better option than Bateman if Bogle is out for a while.

Scunthorpe have been in absolutely diabolical form from the end of last season coming into this one. They're on a run of 11 games without a win, with only 2 of them being draws and by a combined score of 27-8. Naturally, I expect us to lose 1-0.

I'd keep any key partnerships that need to keep gelling, such as Clarke/Keogh and I'd focus on who needs minutes, either for fitness or to find form (problem is that applies to both Mariott and Waghorn for different reasons) then mix senior and young. Be interesting to see if we use it as a shop window for those we'd like to loan out. Something like:

Roos

Bateman

Keogh

Clarke

Lowe

Bielik if fit enough, bird if not

Knight

Shinnie

FloJo

Paterson 

Marriott

The most important part of this game is finding a Bogle replacement. It's unfortunate that not only are the two other players who played there last season (Wisdom and Holmes) are injured, but Anya who is next most capable is also out for 3 months. 2 games of the season palyed and we're down to our 5th choice RB! It likely means that Bateman is now in pole position due to playing there in preseason. Other options are Evans, Keogh or Lowe. A more radical option is 3 at the back (Keogh, Davies and Clarke), with someone like Bennett at wing back.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The most important part of this game is finding a Bogle replacement. It's unfortunate that not only are the two other players who played there last season (Wisdom and Holmes) are injured, but Anya who is next most capable is also out for 3 months. 2 games of the season palyed and we're down to our 5th choice RB! It likely means that Bateman is now in pole position due to playing there in preseason. Other options are Evans, Keogh or Lowe. A more radical option is 3 at the back (Keogh, Davies and Clarke), with someone like Bennett at wing back.

Spot on!

There is a few possibilities for this match.

1. We played less pre season games than most of the other sides in the league so would Cocu us this as a friendly and get more minutes into the lads legs. This would mean him making little changes to the 11 and playing a strong side.

2. Use this game to integrate new players and get the bench players plus Bielik minutes. Strong side but with some youth involved.

3. For me im not bothered about the Carabao Cup, I would rather us use it as fitness and for the U23's - I dont mind if we go out in all honesty. Can focus on the league until January and then the real cup starts.....The FA Cup.

12 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I'd go with

Hamer

Bateman Keogh Clarke Lowe

Sibley  Shinnie Knight

Bennett Marriott Holmes

Let's see what Bateman has in his locker if he is needed. Lowe deserves a chance as do whole midflield trio. Good opportunity to get some minutes to front line as well.

Lot of changes might lead to disjointed showing, but I'm pretty confident Cocu has the team drilled, no matter who plays where.

I'd be half-tempted to play Holmes as a RB, he might be better option than Bateman if Bogle is out for a while.

agree with that save - I wouldn't play our two first team centre halves....too risky

Archived