£4.50 for a pint of Carling

rad1919

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

I’ll continue to drink in the concourse no matter what the price is,. I’ll also continue to moan if I feel the price is above what I feel is fair value, no matter what the snowflakes say ?

Good lad Adam, without people like you those who just sit there waiting for a post to criticise/contradict would have nothing whatsoever to contribute to this forum. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’ll continue to drink in the concourse no matter what the price is,. I’ll also continue to moan if I feel the price is above what I feel is fair value, no matter what the snowflakes say ?

There's a marked difference between price and value as most economists will be quick to point out 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Genuine question, off the back of some comments regarding food prices and beer prices.  

Do people think £30 for today is a bit expensive for a championship game?  It looks like £30 is the cheapest for the games released so far. 

I know we always have this discussion every season but it seems a line in the sand has been drawn.

For me, its too much. 

Honestly, I think it’s about right.

4 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Be grateful, 10quid plus a pint in the UAE and many other places, Rome is the most expensive at 14 quid. This price seems pretty reasonable for a sporting venue.... what are other UK stadiums charging?

Get to Sri Lanka if you want cheap beer, 60p a pint and the beaches are exceptional.  ?

Can we play our home games there then?

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Instead of moaning, buy 3 for a tenner between 2.00 and 2.35, then sell 2 of them at 2.36 for £4.50. Hey presto, a pint of pish for a squid.

I might go one better, and buy 3 at 2.33 for a tenner, and sell all 3 at 2.37 for the reduced rate of £4 each.

£2 clear profit in 4 mins, and I don't have to drink the stuff!

Mel... Mel... I think you and me need a chat!  

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Good lad Adam, without people like you those who just sit there waiting for a post to criticise/contradict would have nothing whatsoever to contribute to this forum. 

What a weird comment. Moaning about the price but still buying will achieve nothing. When they feel the loss off revenue, that's when it will change things.

34 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

What a weird comment. Moaning about the price but still buying will achieve nothing. When they feel the loss off revenue, that's when it will change things.

Not really, I enjoy a drink a match, Im not there to make a stand against the price of beer, so buying one will satisfy my desire for having a beverage.

If they put the price up again, I shall still buy a beer, and still moan if I think it’s overpriced.

16 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

The food/drink situation in the ground should have been addressed before now, there’s so much potential you could do to make more revenue but they keep missing a trick.

Wednesday have their own beer by Thornbridge that they sell inside the ground. We have so many breweries around us and we don’t seem to bother, makes zero sense imo because I’d probably get a pint in the ground if it was a half decent beer made by a local brewery. I’d much rather do that than queue for The Yard or squeeze through the fan park if I’m completely honest

Went to the coffee place before the game. Massive queues and basically one man with a kettle.

Starbucks had the queueing issue sewn up. This is not progress.

Do we as a fan base moan more than the usual? We literally seem to moan and over react about everything. 

At least once a season we seem to abuse a player enough for them to snap back at the crowd, a petition to bring sandwiches into the ground, beers too expensive, not enough choice, the manager didn’t wave at me the list goes on. Is it the same at every club or do we just moan for the sake of it?

Archived