£4.50 for a pint of Carling

rad1919

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Got caught out with the food vans having been kicked out from behind the East Stand, so had to pay £6.60 for a small, dry, lukewarm burger and a coke in the ground.

Felt I'd been lined up, fleeced and sent on my way. Won't be happening again. Unimpressed.

Have you some kind of eating disorder that you can't last an hour and a half without food? 

If you resented paying £6.60 then why do it in the first place 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have you some kind of eating disorder that you can't last an hour and a half without food? 

If you resented paying £6.60 then why do it in the first place 

No, I haven't got an eating disorder. As I explained quite clearly in the opening line of a three one post, I was caught out by the food vans no longer being place behind the East Stand.

Having expected to get a bite before the game and not eaten since breakfast I didn't fancy waiting until the bus dropped me off at 5:30 before I ate again. So 10 hours without food or pay up.

All clear now? Or do you need me to draw you a picture?

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Mel is indeed a genius, but I doubt he’s quite worked out how to remove the free will of all people entering the ground.  

Does he need to? Arent the catering rights contracted out?

If people moan and continue paying nothing will change. Unhappy with prices or quality then you've got another 22 matches this season to let the club know.

It really is very simple.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

If people moan and continue paying nothing will change. Unhappy with prices or quality then you've got another 22 matches this season to let the club know.

My point was that if people don’t like the price of beer, they don’t have to pay it (which is the same point you’re making).

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is also very true, supply and demand ? exactly why Butterfield left for a packet of cheese and onion crisps.

Well I'm saving £96 per season and around 50000 calories by no longer buying a £4 pie served by a guy who doesn't understand the term "meat and potato pie please". This after the indignity of being told my small ruckie with a flask and rolled up raincoat won't be allowed in the ground next time!

Do these idiots actually want fans inside the stadium?

2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Well I'm saving £96 per season and around 50000 calories by no longer buying a £4 pie served by a guy who doesn't understand the term "meat and potato pie please". This after the indignity of being told my small ruckie with a flask and rolled up raincoat won't be allowed in the ground next time!

Do these idiots actually want fans inside the stadium?

Must have an exceptional memory if they can remember one face from 30000 in 2 weeks time.

Unless you came in fancy dress in a chicken outfit that is 

Genuine question, off the back of some comments regarding food prices and beer prices.  

Do people think £30 for today is a bit expensive for a championship game?  It looks like £30 is the cheapest for the games released so far. 

I know we always have this discussion every season but it seems a line in the sand has been drawn.

For me, its too much. 

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Genuine question, off the back of some comments regarding food prices and beer prices.  

Do people think £30 for today is a bit expensive for a championship game?  It looks like £30 is the cheapest for the games released so far. 

I know we always have this discussion every season but it seems a line in the sand has been drawn.

For me, its too much. 

It's all relative I paid 20 quid for a T20 blast at Trent Bridge recently is that too much?

Beer was about 4 quid a pint on a related topic 

Archived