Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rad1919

£4.50 for a pint of Carling

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Got caught out with the food vans having been kicked out from behind the East Stand, so had to pay £6.60 for a small, dry, lukewarm burger and a coke in the ground.

Felt I'd been lined up, fleeced and sent on my way. Won't be happening again. Unimpressed.

Have you some kind of eating disorder that you can't last an hour and a half without food? 

If you resented paying £6.60 then why do it in the first place 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have you some kind of eating disorder that you can't last an hour and a half without food? 

If you resented paying £6.60 then why do it in the first place 

No, I haven't got an eating disorder. As I explained quite clearly in the opening line of a three one post, I was caught out by the food vans no longer being place behind the East Stand.

Having expected to get a bite before the game and not eaten since breakfast I didn't fancy waiting until the bus dropped me off at 5:30 before I ate again. So 10 hours without food or pay up.

All clear now? Or do you need me to draw you a picture?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Mel is indeed a genius, but I doubt he’s quite worked out how to remove the free will of all people entering the ground.  

Does he need to? Arent the catering rights contracted out?

If people moan and continue paying nothing will change. Unhappy with prices or quality then you've got another 22 matches this season to let the club know.

It really is very simple.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Does he need to? Arent the catering rights contracted out?

If people moan and continue paying nothing will change. Unhappy with prices or quality then you've got another 22 matches this season to let the club know.

It really is very simple.

My point was that if people don’t like the price of beer, they don’t have to pay it (which is the same point you’re making).

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Does he need to? Arent the catering rights contracted out?

If people moan and continue paying nothing will change. Unhappy with prices or quality then you've got another 22 matches this season to let the club know.

It really is very simple.

This is also very true, supply and demand 🙂 exactly why Butterfield left for a packet of cheese and onion crisps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

This is also very true, supply and demand 🙂 exactly why Butterfield left for a packet of cheese and onion crisps.

Guessing that's about £1million based on this thread?

Share this post


Link to post

Well I'm saving £96 per season and around 50000 calories by no longer buying a £4 pie served by a guy who doesn't understand the term "meat and potato pie please". This after the indignity of being told my small ruckie with a flask and rolled up raincoat won't be allowed in the ground next time!

Do these idiots actually want fans inside the stadium?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Well I'm saving £96 per season and around 50000 calories by no longer buying a £4 pie served by a guy who doesn't understand the term "meat and potato pie please". This after the indignity of being told my small ruckie with a flask and rolled up raincoat won't be allowed in the ground next time!

Do these idiots actually want fans inside the stadium?

Must have an exceptional memory if they can remember one face from 30000 in 2 weeks time.

Unless you came in fancy dress in a chicken outfit that is 

Share this post


Link to post

Genuine question, off the back of some comments regarding food prices and beer prices.  

Do people think £30 for today is a bit expensive for a championship game?  It looks like £30 is the cheapest for the games released so far. 

I know we always have this discussion every season but it seems a line in the sand has been drawn.

For me, its too much. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Genuine question, off the back of some comments regarding food prices and beer prices.  

Do people think £30 for today is a bit expensive for a championship game?  It looks like £30 is the cheapest for the games released so far. 

I know we always have this discussion every season but it seems a line in the sand has been drawn.

For me, its too much. 

 

It's all relative I paid 20 quid for a T20 blast at Trent Bridge recently is that too much?

Beer was about 4 quid a pint on a related topic 

Share this post


Link to post

I’ll continue to drink in the concourse no matter what the price is,. I’ll also continue to moan if I feel the price is above what I feel is fair value, no matter what the snowflakes say 😀

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.