£4.50 for a pint of Carling

rad1919

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and? Price is comparable to any other 'event' space.£6 a pint at major gig venues.

They couldn't pay me to drink it, mind.

Get as much money from piss drinkers as possible, good business sense.

Plenty of places outside the ground to drink your 8 pints of Carling Top before pissing yourself in your seat and missing the 2nd half staring at the away fans doing banker signs and singing how much you hate forest.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Yeah, and? Price is comparable to any other 'event' space.£6 a pint at major gig venues.

They couldn't pay me to drink it, mind.

Get as much money from piss drinkers as possible, good business sense.

Plenty of places outside the ground to drink your 8 pints of Carling Top before pissing yourself in your seat and missing the 2nd half staring at the away fans doing banker signs and singing how much you hate forest.

You’ve just copied out the Tripadvisor write up for Pride Park haven’t you? ?

Very disappointing day all round. 31 quid for the game...Beer tent absolutely useless too hot and you couldnt stand outside with your pint. So go in the ground...4.50 for wazzy carling  and the tellys arent on on the concourse. Absolutely shockingly bad game just about sums up what we have traded in exchange for an ex Manure forward. 

The food/drink situation in the ground should have been addressed before now, there’s so much potential you could do to make more revenue but they keep missing a trick.

Wednesday have their own beer by Thornbridge that they sell inside the ground. We have so many breweries around us and we don’t seem to bother, makes zero sense imo because I’d probably get a pint in the ground if it was a half decent beer made by a local brewery. I’d much rather do that than queue for The Yard or squeeze through the fan park if I’m completely honest

Be grateful, 10quid plus a pint in the UAE and many other places, Rome is the most expensive at 14 quid. This price seems pretty reasonable for a sporting venue.... what are other UK stadiums charging?

Get to Sri Lanka if you want cheap beer, 60p a pint and the beaches are exceptional.  ?

23 minutes ago, superzak said:

Very disappointing day all round. 31 quid for the game...Beer tent absolutely useless too hot and you couldnt stand outside with your pint. So go in the ground...4.50 for wazzy carling  and the tellys arent on on the concourse. Absolutely shockingly bad game just about sums up what we have traded in exchange for an ex Manure forward. 

I'm sure with only one game gone if you are that disappointed you could ask for  a refund.

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Be grateful, 10quid plus a pint in the UAE and many other places, Rome is the most expensive at 14 quid. This price seems pretty reasonable for a sporting venue.... what are other UK stadiums charging?

Get to Sri Lanka if you want cheap beer, 60p a pint and the beaches are exceptional.  ?

I also paid 15 dollars for a can of beer (albeit a large one) at a Vegas ice hockey game....point is though this is Derby not somewhere exotic.

Given the club have made a big play around bringing refreshments into the ground I can understand why people think 4.50 is a little over the top for a pint of carling.

Prefer the morreti myself and didn’t have one today, so I’m not sure how much they charging for that.

25 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The food/drink situation in the ground should have been addressed before now, there’s so much potential you could do to make more revenue but they keep missing a trick.

Wednesday have their own beer by Thornbridge that they sell inside the ground. We have so many breweries around us and we don’t seem to bother, makes zero sense imo because I’d probably get a pint in the ground if it was a half decent beer made by a local brewery. I’d much rather do that than queue for The Yard or squeeze through the fan park if I’m completely honest

I'm going to trust MM I'm afraid when it comes to commercial decisions. 

I'm sure he would be receptive of your ideas though if you put a  business proposal together.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm going to trust MM I'm afraid when it comes to commercial decisions. 

I'm sure he would be receptive of your ideas though if you put a  business proposal together.

Oh god sorry I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed an opinion unless I’d made millions through candy crush. Sorry G Star, I know my place now ?

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Oh god sorry I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed an opinion unless I’d made millions through candy crush. Sorry G Star, I know my place now ?

Think, as a club, we are pretty on top of the commercial side of things.

As I said, if you've spotted a gap in the market, that Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce have missed, I'm sure they would be happy to take your financial input.

Think theres a new series of Dragons Den starting soon if you want some help with your idea!

Got caught out with the food vans having been kicked out from behind the East Stand, so had to pay £6.60 for a small, dry, lukewarm burger and a coke in the ground.

Felt I'd been lined up, fleeced and sent on my way. Won't be happening again. Unimpressed.

Archived