Cocu - the new Bobby Robson

RamNut

10 hours ago, Anon said:

I would support Cocu, but it turns out I'm a snowflake who doesn't feel personally validated unless a manager waves at me on request.

The absolute state of some of the people who text into Radio Derby...

Oh dear... really?

Wasn't he in the middle of a rant with the 4th official at the time of the "request for a wave" anyway?

Imagine... "Rant... eff... open yer eyes... rant... oh... hang on... just gotta wave at the fans... there... now where were we..."

Some people!

I like him.  I don't feel the need to see him wave to us.  I don't want him to start the bounce.  I want him to concentrate on the job in hand, and take us to the next level... whatever that next level may be.

Carry on as you are, Mr Cocu... so far, so good.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't sleep last neet as I'm worried all the good stuff of coco and Rooney coming is gonna go t*** up and that means scabs darn road will be laughing at us.... mi and Hilda are reet nervous abart it all. Any road Cocu needs time ...it wa clear that last year the team wont good enough.... there wa sum horrendous performances.. hopefully he is building a team I and I personally  don't care about promotion I just wont us to be a stable club...any road of to light mi parkray fire .. hilda is struggling ta get sheets dry as her mangel has broke plus all rain has got in mi bunker of coal and I'm struggling to get fire lit ....

12 hours ago, Anon said:

I would support Cocu, but it turns out I'm a snowflake who doesn't feel personally validated unless a manager waves at me on request.

The absolute state of some of the people who text into Radio Derby...

Does anyone really still listen to Radio Derby ?

21 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We've been the "next year is our year" team for the last 4 seasons now , we are starting to sound like Liverpool fans, it can't always be next year.

Yes of course. My observation is that some fans are becoming conditioned to accepting it. 

Last season FL wanted the adulation of the fans to give him confidence. We have all said he made some dodgy selection choices which wasn't held against him because "he is one of us" but because he interacted with the fans we forgave him or didn't apportion blame on him as much as other managers would have got.

Cocu doesn't seem as extrovert as FL and happy for the players to take the applause after the match. That certainly doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate the supporters or of them chanting his name. He seems like a manager who wants to immediately raise points with match officials after the final whistle then get back in the dressing room to do an immediate shakedown of the match while it's still fresh in players minds.

The days of the manager waving and doing a bounce are not Cocu's style, if that's all supporters want and to complain about it, i suggest they start supporting Chelsea

Archived