Parking for todays game

w8sey

morning all,

just seen a post on facebook saying that the A52 slip road is closed and traffic lights on the toys are us island meaning that after the game its going to be a nightmare to get away if your driving like myself. Anyone with local knowledge tell me where a better place to park would be? I dont mind a bit of a walk if it means avoiding sitting at a standstill for ages....

cheers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And on the front page of today's Derby Telegraph it is reporting increased parking restrictions in Chad. 

Whilst I sympathise somewhat with people who live near the stadium and people are parking in the street outside of their houses, but where are 30,000 people supposed to park? Yes I realise that not everyone travels by car and those that do are likely to have more than one person in the car, but the question stands. There is an event happening and a lot of people are trying to get there. 

Do any of the businesses on the business park near sainsburys allow matchday parking? If you could get on there it is easier to get out of now (as long as you head for the a52 and not the Wyvern) because the traffic lights are red for years and years on the Wyvern island.

23 minutes ago, w8sey said:

morning all,

just seen a post on facebook saying that the A52 slip road is closed and traffic lights on the toys are us island meaning that after the game its going to be a nightmare to get away if your driving like myself. Anyone with local knowledge tell me where a better place to park would be? I dont mind a bit of a walk if it means avoiding sitting at a standstill for ages....

cheers

A52 from Derby as well?

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Do any of the businesses on the business park near sainsburys allow matchday parking? If you could get on there it is easier to get out of now (as long as you head for the a52 and not the Wyvern) because the traffic lights are red for years and years on the Wyvern island.

Not sure where the sainsburys is?

50 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

A52 from Derby as well?

No, that side is ok... in theory...

Slip Roads on and off the No**ingham-bound side (Leaving Derby from Pentagon Island/City Centre) are up and running, as I believe they have been throughout the summer.

On the Derby-bound side, slip road from A52 to Wyvern/Pride Park is due to re-open 9th Sept.  Slip Road to get back on to the A52 to head for The Pentagon is not due to open until Summer 2020.

Anyone coming in from M1/J25 & Spondon etc will need to go down to Pentagon then come back up to get onto PP by going along the back of Sainsburys etc (Or go via City/Station Approach and come in towards the West side of the stadium.

Add in the fact that all around the Burger King/Costco Roundabout is a 3 way traffic light system, one direction at a time, and I assume that the Derwent Parade bridge will be closed after the game for pedestrians to flood away (as per every game previous) and it's going to get messy along the back of Sainsburys etc.    

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

A52 from Derby as well?

A52 from Derby is fine as Mucker says - on a non matchday if you want to go to the Wyvern from nottingham direction you need to go all the way dow nto the island and then turn around and come back up the a52. However the council likes to randomly close one lane on the Nottingham bound side for no reason every now and again, which creates tailbacks. I would also add that the traffic lights for the one way system they have in place on Wyvern island do not change for a long time - if there are a lot of cars arriving for the match then I expect the road past Sainsburys will very quickly get congested - I imagine it could start tailing back all the way to the a52.

57 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

No, that side is ok... in theory...

Slip Roads on and off the No**ingham-bound side (Leaving Derby from Pentagon Island/City Centre) are up and running, as I believe they have been throughout the summer.

On the Derby-bound side, slip road from A52 to Wyvern/Pride Park is due to re-open 9th Sept.  Slip Road to get back on to the A52 to head for The Pentagon is not due to open until Summer 2020.

Anyone coming in from M1/J25 & Spondon etc will need to go down to Pentagon then come back up to get onto PP by going along the back of Sainsburys etc (Or go via City/Station Approach and come in towards the West side of the stadium.

Add in the fact that all around the Burger King/Costco Roundabout is a 3 way traffic light system, one direction at a time, and I assume that the Derwent Parade bridge will be closed after the game for pedestrians to flood away (as per every game previous) and it's going to get messy along the back of Sainsburys etc.    

I'd also add that if anyone would usually go through Spondon to get into the city they should find another route. There is curently a one way system in place at the mini roundabout near the White Swan pub, which is causing major traffic problems there.

3 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

And on the front page of today's Derby Telegraph it is reporting increased parking restrictions in Chad. 

Whilst I sympathise somewhat with people who live near the stadium and people are parking in the street outside of their houses, but where are 30,000 people supposed to park? Yes I realise that not everyone travels by car and those that do are likely to have more than one person in the car, but the question stands. There is an event happening and a lot of people are trying to get there. 

If 30000 people all drove one car each to the game every week then I'd be amazed.

Rushcliffe Council have the same parking restrictions around Trent Bridge and City Ground for matchdays and people still manage to get to the games there without any problems?

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If 30000 people all drove one car each to the game every week then I'd be amazed.

Rushcliffe Council have the same parking restrictions around Trent Bridge and City Ground for matchdays and people still manage to get to the games there without any problems?

Forest 30,000 ?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Is your Dad still going mate?

Yes mate,  81 this time but going strong. Taking him and me mum to loire valley in a couple of weeks.

Got to find a way to follow game on drive through France.

On 10/08/2019 at 12:27, DenbyRam said:

£3 to park at Storage 4 U on Meadow Road, then 15/20 min walk along river to ground.

Take A52 to Pentagon Island, straight on, then first left after going under railway bridge.

It's getting too busy on there now so I was trying to keep it quiet. ?

Anyway, they told us yesterday that it is going up to £5 so it will be cheaper to park in Darwin Place and take the extra 5 minute walk. 

Archived