Damned

zaragozaram

4 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Anybody think that the whole thing will be called off at some stage between now and January, and he'll end up going somewhere else? 

Even before the hoo-ha over the number 32, once it was clear he couldn't start until January, I just presumed he'd have signed some sort of promise/agreement, seeing as he can't sign an actual player contract whilst still contracted to DC Utd.  Effectively "A contract", as opposed to "The contract"?
Surely there will be something in place, with the relevant signatures on?  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the churches get round to a bit more self condemnation about abuse of children, Unmarried mothers, along with the general mayhem and slaughter in gods name over the last 2000 years then I might be prepared to listen 

I'm torn on this.

I understand that we shouldn't be giving such over exposure of the gambling industry to children. 

But there are also the adult occasional gamblers to target. I'd guess that most football fans, like myself love to have a bet at the weekend on the footy.

I can honestly say I've never been influenced by any betting ads and I'd probably guess that I bet quite a lot more than your average gambler.

Anyhow, if I'm going to be preached to by anyone (excuse the pun) about gambling, an organisation that has overseen widespread kiddie fiddling go unreported wouldn't be too high on my list.

The prominent people have a right to earn a legal living. The government can make things illegal or reduce their occurrence. If some person is a church official he has a right to make a comment especially as he was apparently a gambler in financial trouble himself. No single person can speak on behalf of all people who go to church or believe in God. No single person can group together everyone who goes to church or believes in God as if they were a single group with exactly the same view. Try telling everyone your view on this forum and notice the range of views on that subject. An ex gambling addict can warn others about the dangers and should be able to do so without his beliefs in God disqualifying him from being taken seriously.  I have only known one gambling addict and it is a tragic situation. I am glad that the Rams have sponsors and that we are getting Rooney. If it is not against the law then it is legal and people can make money out of it. If regulation is deemed necessary then further regulation should be put in place. My guess is that Rooney32 will stay.Any player can be allocated the 32 shirt. Rooney should not be penalised for being famous. The allocated number is the choice of the club. Rooney can advertise anything that he is paid to advertise. If Rooney 32 has to go then all 32 shirt holders sponsored by 32red must go. My guess is that Rooney32 will stay. The 32 shirt is not advertising any more than the 31 shirt. it is just a situation that can be used without stating what may appear obvious to some people.

Just my initial reaction. Probably change my perspective tomorrow.

Whatever happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions? I’ve watched football for a long time and never been influenced by any of it. I don’t drink Pedigree, I didn’t buy Avon tyres either. I don’t gamble and this isn’t going to make me. If I got bladdered on Pedigree should I blame Derby for having them sponsor a suite? 

36 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Whatever happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions? I’ve watched football for a long time and never been influenced by any of it. I don’t drink Pedigree, I didn’t buy Avon tyres either. I don’t gamble and this isn’t going to make me. If I got bladdered on Pedigree should I blame Derby for having them sponsor a suite? 

Nowt wrong with Avon Tyres.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyhow, if I'm going to be preached to by anyone (excuse the pun) about gambling, an organisation that has overseen widespread kiddie fiddling go unreported wouldn't be too high on my list.

I don't know how they frigging dare. I'm not massively impressed with the whole gambling infiltration of our club but there's a synergy between the businesses so I understand it. 

One thing I'd never be able to accept on the shirt would be any kind of sponsorship from any religious organisation. Imagine having 'JESUS LOVES YOU' on the shirt??? That'd be worse than 'JUST EAT'!

Archived