Damned

zaragozaram

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

My favourite thing from the Bishop of St Albans is how he claims to have spoken to two families who will not let their children watch football as they do not want them to be primed for gambling...

Who are these people?

Morons...

32 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I mentioned in another thread that today's Daily Mail there is an excellent article by their chief sports writer on all this and very pro Derby

A couple of things to pull you up on here...

Firstly, The Daily Mail don't write "excellent articles".

Secondly, if The Daily Mail are on your side, that's not a good thing. It probably means you're doing something evil.

Just now, Pastinaak said:

Secondly, if The Daily Mail are on your side, that's not a good thing. It probably means you're doing something evil.

baalocks.

If read from the back, The Mail is one of the better papers.

2 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Bit of a generalisation,eh??

Rabble rousing hurrah for the black shirts aside, even the mail has the occasional worthwhile bit of journalism or opinion piece.  I don't think any of the daily newspapers are really sufficient quality for the cover price these days. (coming from an instinctive guardian reader - for the price of a cup of coffee every day I can not give the graun any money and have a cup of coffee)

2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

My favourite thing from the Bishop of St Albans is how he claims to have spoken to two families who will not let their children watch football as they do not want them to be primed for gambling...

Who are these people?

Their Children are probably better of gambling, smoking, drinking and watching football than going to church....they hardly have the best reputation in that department ?

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

Oooh a newspaper snob.....

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

As I read somewhere yesterday, these are the same newspapers who give out a free Cheltenham Races supplement which has been padded out by betting company adverts

Ah but that's the difference. Horse Racing is the sport of kings they don't gamble they wager 

So alcohol and tobacco companies have been banned from shirt and competition sponsorship and inevitably, betting companies will be next. But they will replaced with car manufacturers and food suppliers who aren't exactly exempt from air pollution or sugar dependency/obesity.

Maybe the church will end up as main sponsors

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Gladys' Handbag said:

Here's an 'exclusive' in The Telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/08/exclusive-derbys-decision-hand-wayne-rooney-no-32-shirt-couldbe/

It seems that the number 32 could be interpreted as advertising and a breach of FA rules -

"Under current regulations, clubs are allowed to designate "one single area not exceeding 100 square centimetres on the
back of the shirt" to any sponsor.

Advertising standards sources suggested the decision to give Rooney the 32 shirt in association with betting firm 32Red
could be interpreted by the FA as a potential breach in the rules.

Derby can only be approached by the governing body after Rooney takes the field in January, and the promotion effectively becomes live. The FA is understood to be aware and monitoring the situation."

So the FA are 'monitoring the situation', maybe a very small number or just change it to 666.

It seems someone is talking baalocks.

Its his squad number nothing else.

Will they be monitoring the situation with all other clubs sponsored by 32 red to see if they have a number 32 in the squad? People are just making things up.

5 hours ago, zaragozaram said:

Just doing a quick trawl of wiki. A certain Mr Stephen Wearne is registered as playing in the number 32 shirt, the same as his principal shirt sponsor 32Red (a betting company I believe?), thereby clearly contravening EFL sponsorship rules. The offending club..........

Middlesbrough. Oh dear Mr Gibson. Book em Danno.

Preston up in court as well  , they've got Adam ORielly wearing number 32 

Archived