Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

A decent player and better than any wide player we have. If he's the best option available in this window and it improves the starting eleven then I'm ok with that. The fact that he's played for that ragbag of a team down the road doesn't make a scrap of difference to me.

Ive only seen him when he's played against us. Imo he is one of the more dangerous players we come up against.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HiltonoRama said:

Robbie Savage should never have been allowed in the City never mind the club. Total bell-end and worst signing we've ever made.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'd take Paterson, I always have down as a threat when he plays against us.

On a side not I've just looked down the lost of done deals and I don't see many of our rivals doing much business that bothers me.

In fact there's only WBA who's done much of note and that's to bring in Charlie Austin, but we didn't need another forward anyway.

Why so many bed wetters, is it the fact that the deadline day is bang in the middle of the school holidays that brings them on here?

Whiny is a default setting for some. No matter how hard the club works to bring in exciting new talent, there'll always be a few who can't resist a good old moan. Slowly but surely I'm learning to just ignore it now as it'll never change ?

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'd take Paterson, I always have him down as a threat when he plays against us.

On a side note I've just looked down the list of done deals and I don't see many of our rivals doing much business that particularly bothers me.

In fact there's only WBA who's done much of note and that's to bring in Charlie Austin, but we didn't need another forward anyway.

Why so many bed wetters, presumably due to the school holidays?

Leeds have signed a young goal scorer from Arsenal who I expect to do well

5 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

Robbie Savage should never have been allowed in the City never mind the club. Total bell-end and worst signing we've ever made.

Bloody hell how long u been supporting this club for ? 24hrs 

i can name 10 worse players without taking a breath just signed by Paul jewel ?

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not really. He seems a bit of a 'snowflake' as you put it himself tbh. In any case, it seems a reasonable expectation that players we recruit should actually want to play for the club and while I don't agree with folk queing up to give him abuse, I'd rather we just pass and find someone with more ability and a will to do well for Derby. If that's embarrassing so be it but that's the way I see it.

If, and it's a big if at the moment he does sign for us how do you know he won't have a will to do well for us. That was all twitter talk imo. If he hasn't got the enthusiasm to play for us because he hates us so much he wouldn't even be contemplating a move to us there again same as with a lot of other incomings may be just speculation - 1 minute to go

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Leeds have signed a young goal scorer from Arsenal who I expect to do well

Perhaps, though I must admit I just had to check again as I'd confused him with Nmecha who was at PNE last season.

16 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not really. He seems a bit of a 'snowflake' as you put it himself tbh. In any case, it seems a reasonable expectation that players we recruit should actually want to play for the club and while I don't agree with folk queing up to give him abuse, I'd rather we just pass and find someone with more ability and a will to do well for Derby. If that's embarrassing so be it but that's the way I see it.

Yeah it is a bit embarrassing. We’re so sensitive to a comment we’d love one of our ex players to make. 

Football is fickle. 

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If, and it's a big if at the moment he does sign for us how do you know he won't have a will to do well for us. That was all twitter talk imo. If he hasn't got the enthusiasm to play for us because he hates us so much he wouldn't even be contemplating a move to us there again same as with a lot of other incomings may be just speculation - 1 minute to go

I don't, but the only evidence one way or t'other I have to go on is his rather immature interview where he states categorically that he doesn't like us so my opinion would be that where's there's doubt, best look elsewhere.

Is that ok with you pal?

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I don't, but the only evidence one way or t'other I have to go on is his rather immature interview where he states categorically that he doesn't like us so my opinion would be that where's there's doubt, best look elsewhere.

Is that ok with you pal?

Mate, I’ve been in the stands and given opposition players absolute poo. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t welcome them with welcome arms at the club.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah it is a bit embarrassing. We’re so sensitive to a comment we’d love one of our ex players to make. 

Football is fickle. 

To be fair; my issue with that little clip isn't that he's bashed Derby.

It's that, at least based on the context of the clip, he genuinely doesn't know they're talking about the Superbowl. I don't want someone like that in our squad.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair; my issue with that little clip isn't that he's bashed Derby.

It's that, at least based on the context of the clip, he genuinely doesn't know they're talking about the Superbowl. I don't want someone like that in our squad.

I'm glad somebody addressed the idiocy elephant in the room

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Football is fickle. 

How is it being 'sensitive' thinking better of employing someone who's disdain for the club. If you interviewed someone at work and they were like. 'well. not really fussed about you or your company but you'll be paying me so what the hell' would you be falling over yourself to employ them? If not, why should it be any different just because this bloke kicks a football around for a living?

In any case, I'm not losing sleep over it, my opinion is simply I rather look at players who we know for sure, will integrate and give us their best. Paterson's an ok player and maybe I'd feel different if he was was exceptional but he's not. In all honesty, being embarrassed on other people's behalf, especially someone who clearly has no affinity for Derby is more 'embarrassing' than those not being fussed about him being signed and saying as much. Fact is, he's no better than what we already have anyway.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Mate, I’ve been in the stands and given opposition players absolute poo. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t welcome them with welcome arms at the club.

Maradona is the ultimate hate figure yet most England fans would give him full respect.  

There is an element of arrogance in saying deregatory things or incitement through over-celebrating goals, winding up fans etc.

If you then back it up on the pitch then grudgingly fans will usually admit it, so when they  show some humility / humanity, even say nice things about your club then fans accept it and agree all's fair in love and war. 

When they can't back it up and are average at best...they look daft and there is no respect forthcoming. 

Paterson comes in which group....?

Archived