Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Another genius move by the recruitment team, what a loan that one was.... waste of everyone’s time. Total failure to recruit someone suitable.

IIRC didn't he come in late on deadline day after we'd missed out on everyone else we were supposedly in for?

He did okay in parts but symptomatic of this summers recruitment imo.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

IIRC didn't he come in late on deadline day after we'd missed out on everyone else we were supposedly in for?

He did okay in parts but symptomatic of this summers recruitment imo.

He was yeah, seemed to be a total disorganised mess left until the last minute on deadline day to get a winger in. Have to be better prepared for this window.

FWIW I actually quite rate Paterson. But his impact has been so negligible that you can’t say anything other than the loan has been a failure.

Correct decision In my opinion - did we ever need him? 

Cocu obviously doesn’t think there is a need to keep or use him. 

He has been no worse or no better than some of our other options we have had available in positions that we have been poor in 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He was yeah, seemed to be a total disorganised mess left until the last minute on deadline day to get a winger in. Have to be better prepared for this window.

FWIW I actually quite rate Paterson. But his impact has been so negligible that you can’t say anything other than the loan has been a failure.

It was a mess but that was down to the whole lampard scenario and I suspect Cocu is using his own judgement on who to keep and who to let go and potential sales and buys as I am not convinced any of them have been his wants and needs 

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

But was it a failure by the recruitment team, the player himself, the manager? 

Could be a number of reasons why it didn’t work out, at the time you said you would take him. Not all signings work out and to point the finger at the recruitment team every time makes little sense.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It was a mess but that was down to the whole lampard scenario and I suspect Cocu is using his own judgement on who to keep and who to let go and potential sales and buys as I am not convinced any of them have been his wants and needs 

It didn’t help, but it should be possible to plan recruitment without a manager if we’re genuinely going along with a consistency in playing style. Which we appear not to have done with Cocu, which is the big problem. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

But was it a failure by the recruitment team, the player himself, the manager? 

Could be a number of reasons why it didn’t work out, at the time you said you would take him. Not all signings work out and to point the finger at the recruitment team every time makes little sense.

But it’s them who have brought him in. I think he’s a decent player, I still do, but he obviously doesn’t suit. It’s their job to know whether he will suit the manager. It’s their job to know whether the player is good enough. Unless there’s a really strange reason as to why a signing hasn’t worked out (injured on the first game or something like that) I think the ultimate blame has to lie with the recruitment team. It’s what they’re there for, and we’ve had too many signings like this for it to be acceptable. 

Archived