Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Cocu is just steadying the ship so to speak and sticking to what he has already said and far from a panic buy. Cocu has brought him in on a 12 month loan to improve in a position where we are struggling, if Cocu thought he wasn't an improvement to that position he simply wouldn't have signed him unlike some previous managers we have had. He obviously thinks Academy players coming through for that position aren't there yet but in 12 months time will be or he may have been tracking players who are in the last 12 months of their contracts but with the amount of crazy money being quoted for "average" players in this window thought it not worth following up but going back for them in the January window 6 months left on their contract and getting them in at a price for what he thinks correct once he has had time to further evaluate the squad,player improvement etc.

Have i an issue with his previous antics,no what was said was said move on,you can guarantee this would have been brought up in the meeting between club and player before signing him. I expect all players to give 100% when they pull that shirt on. Do i think he will upset the harmony in the dressing room no, i trust our captain to deal with that, if he tried too Cocu would have him out of the door in a flash no matter how well he is performing,players have a responsibility to the manager/club both on and off the field. Do you not think that the other players, management and club will be watching his social media accounts.

Anyway that's how i see it , others may not  

My favourite post of this transfer window!?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

In that case, I'd "of" done the same. Forgive me but I don't want our forum to descend to the level of some other clubs' forums where the standard of posts' content and grammar indicate an IQ of a squashed aubergine. 

"indicate" should be "indicates". "The standard" is singular, not plural. If you are going to be a grammar Nazi, please do it properly. ?

58 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The slow degradation of the values that  made us such a good team in the first place, changing the emphasis of the team from collective achievement to a focus on individual ability by allowing one of the greediest players alive to monopolise all of our attacking play and shooting opportunities for 2 and a half seasons, leading to a completely unbalanced team where in his final season he had more than double the number of shots as anyone else in the team in a season where we scored fewer goals and finished lower than any point in the past 6 years?

No, I bloody hope he doesn't have the same impact!

(For the benefit of doubt the above is slightly tongue in cheek, the people I really blame for what happened are McClaren (twice), Clement, Pearson, Rowett & whichever God dictates which footballers get injured, for how long and whether it's at the same time as other key players)

Seriously though...

He's lauded as some sort of superior, superstar winger with great goalscoring ability, I mean I get it, he scored a lot of goals for us but bloody hell he took away so many opportunities from others to do so and the number of shots he takes in comparison to everyone else to achieve those numbers is bordering on the ridiculous. 

When we had him on loan for 18 games he ended up as our 2nd highest shot taker for the entire season over players who'd played twice as many games, the next season he had more shots than any other player in the entire league and double that of his opposite winger, the season after that only one player in the league took more shots and as above he had more than double anyone else in our team, he had more shots than any of his teammates at Huddersfield, at Stoke last season he had about 50 more shots than any of their other players (102 shots to score 6 goals). 

Is it any bloody wonder he's ended up with so many goals and assists? He sees more of the ball than anyone else, takes all your free kicks, all your corners, has all your shots!

That isn't called 'carrying the attack' it's called being allowed to ride roughshod over your other attacking players. Blame the managers who allowed it.

He isn't the messiah, he isn't "too good for the championship", never has been, if you don't make him your main man then his output is pretty much the same or maybe only slightly higher than any other 'winger' (read: inside right forward) in the league.

Any decent player given the sort of platform we gave Ince should end the season with good stats, heck even Nick Blackman got 12 goals in half a season with Reading playing him in a similar fashion, and he's poo!

The irony of this post is that I don't even really dislike him, he worked hard defensively, had a great attitude, scored some great goals and seems like a really decent bloke off the field. What I do dislike is this notion that everyone should be compared to Ince as if they've all been given the same level of opportunity, and they just haven't.

Oh, hold on isn't this a thread about Jamie Paterson? Never particularly rated him, just another average Championship winger for teams looking to finish just outside the playoffs at best, but maybe we can make use of him to help build a team that's greater than the sum of its parts, wouldn't that be nice?

Love, love this. ... controversial view, backed up by facts (probably, I trust they are true but hey who cares). 

Exactly what a forum is about. Very enjoyable read! 

35 minutes ago, Saity said:

Some truly pathetic views on here ...for the record Rooney doesn’t exactly come across as over enthusiastic so is he going to get the same treatment ....just see how he plays for us give him a bloody chance !!!!

Totally agree as regards Rooney...on reflection I think Paterson came across more excited and happy to be here than  Rooney... but I was so over stimulated  I probably had my eyes closed at that point.....

2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

In that case, I'd "of" done the same. Forgive me but I don't want our forum to descend to the level of some other clubs' forums where the standard of posts' content and grammar indicate an IQ of a squashed aubergine. 

It's a good job some on here don't live in the West Midland /Black Country then being so pernickety about using "of" instead of "have" that's the standard terminology in that area as i found out. I never realised we were being targeted on grammar 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Love, love this. ... controversial view, backed up by facts (probably, I trust they are true but hey who cares). 

Exactly what a forum is about. Very enjoyable read! 

Facts, we don't want facts... they always get in the way of a good rant.

3 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Cocu is just steadying the ship so to speak and sticking to what he has already said and far from a panic buy. Cocu has brought him in on a 12 month loan to improve in a position where we are struggling, if Cocu thought he wasn't an improvement to that position he simply wouldn't have signed him unlike some previous managers we have had. He obviously thinks Academy players coming through for that position aren't there yet but in 12 months time will be or he may have been tracking players who are in the last 12 months of their contracts but with the amount of crazy money being quoted for "average" players in this window thought it not worth following up but going back for them in the January window 6 months left on their contract and getting them in at a price for what he thinks correct once he has had time to further evaluate the squad,player improvement etc.

Have i an issue with his previous antics,no what was said was said move on,you can guarantee this would have been brought up in the meeting between club and player before signing him. I expect all players to give 100% when they pull that shirt on. Do i think he will upset the harmony in the dressing room no, i trust our captain to deal with that, if he tried too Cocu would have him out of the door in a flash no matter how well he is performing,players have a responsibility to the manager/club both on and off the field. Do you not think that the other players, management and club will be watching his social media accounts.

Anyway that's how i see it , others may not  

Classic post, aram.

Cocu knows exactly what he is doing. He is taking the best possible action at this time in the process.

3 hours ago, Coconut said:

The slow degradation of the values that  made us such a good team in the first place, changing the emphasis of the team from collective achievement to a focus on individual ability by allowing one of the greediest players alive to monopolise all of our attacking play and shooting opportunities for 2 and a half seasons, leading to a completely unbalanced team where in his final season he had more than double the number of shots as anyone else in the team in a season where we scored fewer goals and finished lower than any point in the past 6 years?

No, I bloody hope he doesn't have the same impact!

(For the benefit of doubt the above is slightly tongue in cheek, the people I really blame for what happened are McClaren (twice), Clement, Pearson, Rowett & whichever God dictates which footballers get injured, for how long and whether it's at the same time as other key players)

Seriously though...

He's lauded as some sort of superior, superstar winger with great goalscoring ability, I mean I get it, he scored a lot of goals for us but bloody hell he took away so many opportunities from others to do so and the number of shots he takes in comparison to everyone else to achieve those numbers is bordering on the ridiculous. 

When we had him on loan for 18 games he ended up as our 2nd highest shot taker for the entire season over players who'd played twice as many games, the next season he had more shots than any other player in the entire league and double that of his opposite winger, the season after that only one player in the league took more shots and as above he had more than double anyone else in our team, he had more shots than any of his teammates at Huddersfield, at Stoke last season he had about 50 more shots than any of their other players (102 shots to score 6 goals). 

Is it any bloody wonder he's ended up with so many goals and assists? He sees more of the ball than anyone else, takes all your free kicks, all your corners, has all your shots!

That isn't called 'carrying the attack' it's called being allowed to ride roughshod over your other attacking players. Blame the managers who allowed it.

He isn't the messiah, he isn't "too good for the championship", never has been, if you don't make him your main man then his output is pretty much the same or maybe only slightly higher than any other 'winger' (read: inside right forward) in the league.

Any decent player given the sort of platform we gave Ince should end the season with good stats, heck even Nick Blackman got 12 goals in half a season with Reading playing him in a similar fashion, and he's poo!

The irony of this post is that I don't even really dislike him, he worked hard defensively, had a great attitude, scored some great goals and seems like a really decent bloke off the field. What I do dislike is this notion that everyone should be compared to Ince as if they've all been given the same level of opportunity, and they just haven't.

Oh, hold on isn't this a thread about Jamie Paterson? Never particularly rated him, just another average Championship winger for teams looking to finish just outside the playoffs at best, but maybe we can make use of him to help build a team that's greater than the sum of its parts, wouldn't that be nice?

Interesting view well backed up.

We certainly became less of a team when Ince joined but I do think he was a great player for us.

I dont see a problem with your best finisher having more shots than anyone else. Out of interest what were the stats like before he joined? 

I think a much better indicator would be his conversion rate but from what you have posted it does not sound like that will be great either!

wow Jamie , welcome to Derby , you have certainly split the fans on here , get your head down lad , work hard , be consistent , score a few early goals , that will get most Rams fans on your side , hope you have a good season mate , show the doubters what a decent player you are at this level

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

It's a good job some on here don't live in the West Midland /Black Country then being so pernickety about using "of" instead of "have" that's the standard terminology in that area as i found out. I never realised we were being targeted on grammar 

Some people in that area might have used “of” instead of “have”, which makes you wonder where they were when basic English language was being taught in school. I don’t agree that drawing attention to the use of “of” , where the word should be “have”, is pernickety. No one (except the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg) would expect grammatical perfection but there is a limit - “ of” instead of “have” is just so wrong .

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

Some people in that area might have used “of” instead of “have”, which makes you wonder where they were when basic English language was being taught in school. I don’t agree that drawing attention to the use of “of” , where the word should be “have”, is pernickety. No one (except the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg) would expect grammatical perfection but there is a limit - “ of” instead of “have” is just so wrong .

When i 1st lived in Birmingham it took me ages to get used to people saying of instead of have. Mind you the looks i got when i called people "duck" was priceless

Hes going to have to go some to turn around a lot of the fans after saying he hates Derby. His interview wasn't a great start either, seems like he could be one to disrupt the dressing room. Would rather we didn't sign anyone then try for somebody else in Jan

Archived