Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

Some really convincing arguments on here, well put. However, I really have to say that I am just disappointed by this signing.

Firstly, I don't care about the ex-Forest thing, or the video. What bothers me is that this player doesn't improve us. Why would a player who can't get into Bristol City's starting XI improve us? I don't reckon for one second that this was Cocu's first choice. Or second. And if that's the case - why bother? 

Maybe it's just the emotions of the day but to go from Jordan Ibe, Andre Ayew and Scott Sinclair to Jamie bloody Paterson is a stinker. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

But then I am excited about us getting a granny shagger so suppose take that with a pinch of salt

Pretty much sums up where I stand too ?

50 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not seen a single person 'threatening to boo him before he's even kicked a ball'? Are you referring to this site or do you mean or Twatter? In any case, it seems a bit incongruous that if you voice the opinion that he's not terribly likeable you then get labelled an 'immature tool' for your trouble! ? 

Im going to boo the poo out of him. 

2 hours ago, Saity said:

But Thomas was sold before Cocu arrived and must’ve been Franks decision Thomas plays  left side and JP can play either so not a bad signing 

Thomas plays on the right

24 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Says he knew he was coming some time ago. When that was he doesn't say,but wonder what the delay was ?

Not our first choice option

27 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Says he knew he was coming some time ago. When that was he doesn't say,but wonder what the delay was ?

Waiting for an offer that didn't come along I would assume. Didn't forest sign a midfielder yesterday? 

58 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Some really convincing arguments on here, well put. However, I really have to say that I am just disappointed by this signing.

Firstly, I don't care about the ex-Forest thing, or the video. What bothers me is that this player doesn't improve us. Why would a player who can't get into Bristol City's starting XI improve us? I don't reckon for one second that this was Cocu's first choice. Or second. And if that's the case - why bother? 

Maybe it's just the emotions of the day but to go from Jordan Ibe, Andre Ayew and Scott Sinclair to Jamie bloody Paterson is a stinker. 

Were we actually in for Ibe, Ayew or Sinclair?  Could we afford them? How many players were we linked with in the last week or two by lazy journalism I wonder? That you believe most of the ******** posted on Twitter is your problem, not the Club’s.  Maybe Cocu and his staff saw something in the Sarasota game and thought Paterson could add something to the mix. The player confirmed our interest was much earlier than just the last 48 hours, so I doubt we are deep in to sloppy seconds territory. I am happy to think that Cocu might be able to get this lad playing well, and fitting his system, after all he has got George Evans playing well, and he couldn’t get into our starting XI last season.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I am happy to think that Cocu might be able to get this lad playing well, and fitting his system, after all he has got George Evans playing well, and he couldn’t get into our starting XI last season.

This is a fair point and I will back Cocu to make whatever decision he wants. But if we do improve him as you suggest, then all we end up doing is sending Bristol City back a better player.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This is a fair point and I will back Cocu to make whatever decision he wants. But if we do improve him as you suggest, then all we end up doing is sending Bristol City back a better player.

That is a fair point too, but we may have needed to do a loan in that way to make the deal, or wanted to so we can keep a pathway for our Academy players. Maybe we wanted to hedge our bets because of further player availability in January, and/or the arrival of Rooney.  We don’t know. There is no point second guessing. At this moment in time l can’t believe why anyone is not prepared to get full behind Cocu or Paterson.  This isn’t aimed at you, but some of the comments on this thread tonight have been pathetic.

Whatever we all think, can we at least agree that the word "snowflake" needs binning ASAP?

Must be the most abused turn of phrase to describe someone feeling passionately about something you don't agree with.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

That is a fair point too, but we may have needed to do a loan in that way to make the deal, or wanted to so we can keep a pathway for our Academy players. Maybe we wanted to hedge our bets because of further player availability in January, and/or the arrival of Rooney.  We don’t know. There is no point second guessing. At this moment in time l can’t believe why anyone is not prepared to get full behind Cocu or Paterson.  This isn’t aimed at you, but some of the comments on this thread tonight have been pathetic.

I agree. I'm not massively impressed or happy with the signing but I'll back Cocu's choices 100% and I trust him to know what he's doing ?

My mate seems to think he will be a good signing and is an improvement on Flo Jo. Also said he was surprised Bristol have let him go. I personally haven't seen much of him so it's a case of wait and see. If Cocu decided he was good enough, then so be it ?

24 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

The most boring and uninspiring interview I have seen, why does he seem so downbeat. Maybe that’s just the way he is, I hope does well because I think he is here for money only. 

Every player is here for the money only and the chance to maximise their own value either by promotion with our beloved team or a transfer to the promised land of fame and fortune to the premier league through their own performances. Let’s not kid ourselves and think any player is here because they love Derby County despite kissing the badge when appropriate.

I have no doubt though, that every player will be giving their all when wearing the shirt this season regardless of their own personal agenda?

Archived