Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

1 hour ago, David said:

Exactly, you don’t know but have spun the finger of blame. 

Albentosa signing, are we blaming the recruitment team for that one as well, not foreseeing forgotten insoles and home sickness?

As I say there could be a number of reasons why Paterson didn’t work out before we get to ability and fitting in the team. 

We saw the incident with Marriott on the touch line the other week as he went to warm up, it’s possible he didn’t mesh well with the other players, again not something the recruitment team can predict.

what incident?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Another genius move by the recruitment team, what a loan that one was.... waste of everyone’s time. Total failure to recruit someone suitable. We’re clearly in the market for another winger in the window, so let’s hope this time his replacement makes a bigger impact.

Weren't you ok with his signing - even to the point of having preferred it to have been a permanent deal?

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Weren't you ok with his signing - even to the point of having preferred it to have been a permanent deal?

I was, and I’d still have kept him now. The trouble is Cocu obviously never fancied him at all. So we bought a player that didn’t fit, that’s not exactly successful recruitment.

I'm behind Cocu, but I do question why Paterson hasn't featured more. He played well whenever he was given a chance (bar the first couple of cameos), and he was a key part of our mini revival a couple of months back. Unless something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about, I think you have to look at the gaffer for this one. 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm behind Cocu, but I do question why Paterson hasn't featured more. He played well whenever he was given a chance (bar the first couple of cameos), and he was a key part of our mini revival a couple of months back. Unless something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about, I think you have to look at the gaffer for this one. 

Well he wasn’t our player - he costs extra money in wages which we could use elsewhere, he didn’t exactly make a massive improvement to our play and we certainly didn’t look like we would sign him permanently 

On 30/12/2019 at 14:14, Will Hughes Hair said:

Not a surprise Paterson is going.  Sealed the moment he decided to go to Keogh's Xmas party with Josefzoon ?

If he hadn't played that lovely ball to Martin at the end of the Leeds game, then the lads wouldn't have gone out celebrating like we had won the champions league!

10 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

Don't mean to gloat, as I don't rate him, but Paterson scored and assisted today. What was his problem with you?

Didn't make enough impact in enough games. Had spells where he looked really good, but disappeared too often for me.

Pretty much exactly how some of your lot described him before he joined us.

Archived