Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

Would be interesting to know which side has instigated this if it happens. Bristol City might have reasons to want him back as much as we might have reasons to not need him come January. With Afobe doing his ACL and Szmodics not yet making the step up to Championship level there might be more gaps open in their squad for him than there was when he was originally sent out.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JfR said:

What was the sideline incident?

Marriott was warming up with Nugent, having a conversation, all smiles.

Paterson jogged behind Marriott and gave him a rather firm shove in the back as he went by; Marriott's smile disappeared and he gave quite a long, lingering stink eye. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Was it @cosmic who joined me in noticing the sideline incident during the game?

Maybe there's more to that. Attitude problem, perhaps.

Yes, t'was me! Did we decide in the end if it was Paterson or not? It was between him and Waggy, I think. Although if it was the latter, it would have been done with a big grin and I'm sure Marriott wouldn't have had a face like thunder.

Let the gossip and rumours begin!

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yes, t'was me! Did we decide in the end if it was Paterson or not? It was between him and Waggy, I think. Although if it was the latter, it would have been done with a big grin and I'm sure Marriott wouldn't have had a face like thunder.

Let the gossip and rumours begin!

Nah there was definitely brown stubble on the face. Very confident it was Paterson.

I'll check the RamsTV replay tho and try to get a screenshot. Hopefully it wasnt cut!

Just now, SaintRam said:

Nah there was definitely brown stubble on the face. Very confident it was Paterson.

I'll check the RamsTV replay tho and try to get a screenshot. Hopefully it wasnt cut!

This is DCFC not the BBC.

(Shots fired hashtag satire)

I remember one home game just before Chris Martin came back into the fold, he was training with Paterson at half time who wasn't being very receptive or responsive to some of his training methods at half time and mostly just taking the ball from Martin then having a kick about himself. Completely forgot about this until these last few posts!

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We shouldn't have signed him in the first place. He's had a couple of good moments, but we really got what we expected - a below average championship player who has consistently made little impact at this level throughout his career.

Agreed. Would rather see any of Whittaker, Sibley, Knight, JML ahead of him in the match squad. 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We shouldn't have signed him in the first place. He's had a couple of good moments, but we really got what we expected - a below average championship player who has consistently made little impact at this level throughout his career.

He's certainly not been below average for us. Off the top of my head, he was brilliant against Birmingham, excellent at Barnsley and sparked us into life at Forest. 

When he signed, I thought we'd signed a decent Championship player who probably wasn't good enough to help us in a promotion push. He's exceeded my expectations and has arguably been our best attacker this season.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Really disappointed with this. He's been one of our best and most consistent players this season. He's dropped out of the starting XI in recent weeks but is more than good enough as an option off the bench. If we play a 4-2-3-1, he has to be one of the first options to play on the left IMO and, until Rooney arrives, the second option to play behind the striker.

Really disappointed.

agree and thought he looked bright when came on against the gumps...shame but hopefully we have someone lined up 

Echo some others in here that this news disappoints me a bit. I can see the logic behind it of course, we’re seemingly in the market for another winger, so we need to clear some out so the path for the youngsters doesn’t get blocked. With Paterson not featuring a great deal, he appears a bit of a waste of a loan and wages, so it’s understandable we’d want him off the wage bill. But, I actually think he’s been very unlucky not to feature more. He’s not exactly top class, but he seems like a pretty good player from what I’ve seen, which is more than can be said for some of our current widemen. Be disappointed to lose a player of his quality.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bamford.

It was so unintentional I didn't notice until after the edit timer passed on my post! ? 

Can't post vids/gifs of RamsTV in here anyway. 

I didn’t overly understand why we signed him but we have tried him in quite a few positions with not much happening and I do prefer to play our own players if we still have them but I did expect him to depart in January when Rooney arrives to play as his opportunities would be very limited 

Archived