Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

On 20/08/2019 at 04:30, maydrakin said:

I think you’re being a little harsh on @Bristol City. We’re in the middle of this little press driven furore and he/she has just asked for our opinion on it in a polite manner, whilst acknowledging the hypocrisy of the league.

For me, I thought it was a little crass to choose the number 32, as all the mock-ups were Rooney 7 beforehand, however I don’t care that we have given him that number.  That said, I don’t necessarily believe I am a target market, due to not being interested in betting.

As we have tighter and tighter restrictions through FFP, we have to find creative ways to stay competitive against the teams with the massive Premiership failure payouts, so it’s perfectly reasonable to wring as much as you possibly can from it, even if it does mean by “tenuous” means - by which, it’s a number and if people make that connection maybe it’s them with the issue? (Which does include me - 2+2=5 and all that)

I would've put my money on 18 (pun intended)

18 was Rooneys first number and thus I thought itd be his last (also my favourite number and Rooney is a reason for that)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully a loan, but I can see us selling him. He’s at the age where he needs competitive football and he isn’t going to get that for us any time soon. It’ll be a shame if we do sell him, given one of his few opportunities to play for the first team (during our LB crisis last year) was when he was injured

On 09/08/2019 at 10:04, Turk Thrust said:

I just don't understand some posters who have a problem with him having played for Forest. So what?  Think of all the great players who moved to Derby after playing for Forest such as Hinton, Hennessey, Newton, Wignall, Shilton, Burns and lots more. 

You were convincing me until you said Burns

On 19/08/2019 at 20:21, Bristol City said:

Not attacking Derby personally, just asking for your opinion of what I've seen in the media. As others have said it's the Sky Bet Championship & about 80%, including City, have a betting company sponsor somewhere. If it was down to me I'd ban all sponsorship from companies that have proven to have highly addictive products.

You can make a case for banning most sponsorship deals if you look hard enough 

12 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Did you actually see Burns playing for Derby?Or are you basing it on the obese forest puppet that we seen nowadays?

Yep about 40 times, that good we shipped him off to Notts County on loan, whilst we were trying to get out of division 3

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Disappointed a bit by that myself. Hasn't really been used much lately but thought he did well with Martin when Martin came back into the side. Good luck to him, not a bad player by any means.

Agreed - He's a very decent player - But (for me) you have to be getting game time out of a loanee or they aren't worth having - And at the moment I'd rather start the players we have permanently (Lawrence, Holmes, Waggers etc) than Paterson - And then if needed for backup we have the youngsters coming through

I've been assuming he'll be going back in January since he arrived.

Having the recall clause really suggested to me that Bristol weren't 100% sure they wouldn't need him this season and Derby weren't 100% sure he'd be of use.

Getting us to the next window after other winger options fell short always seemed like the purpose of this deal.

Really disappointed with this. He's been one of our best and most consistent players this season. He's dropped out of the starting XI in recent weeks but is more than good enough as an option off the bench. If we play a 4-2-3-1, he has to be one of the first options to play on the left IMO and, until Rooney arrives, the second option to play behind the striker.

Really disappointed.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Really disappointed with this. He's been one of our best and most consistent players this season. He's dropped out of the starting XI in recent weeks but is more than good enough as an option off the bench. If we play a 4-2-3-1, he has to be one of the first options to play on the left IMO and, until Rooney arrives, the second option to play behind the striker.

Really disappointed.

suspicious futurama GIF

We haven't utilised him in the best way. At Forest and Bristol he always played best in a fluid forward line with freedom to switch around to draw defenders.  You need a quick forward line for this.  Bar Marriott, who can play off a defender and find space, we probably don't fit the criteria.  Can't really play him and Lawrence as there a bit similar.  Personally, I would keep him but he may as well sit on the bench at his actual club as he's no better off.

Archived