Jamie Paterson - loan cancelled

inter politics

Just watched the interview. Absolutely fine. Welcome him with both arms. Folk have to realise some players, despite playing in front of thousands and a dozen cameras, are less comfortable when sat in a studio, with the spotlight and a single lens focusing straight at them about to be interviewed. He’s pulling on a white shirt, deserves every chance, best of luck to the lad. 

Ps. I expect to see a number of supporters searching the ‘lost and found’ for ‘a sense of humour’

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bristol City said:

Surprised you've taken him on loan. Great player on his day but unfortunately that's a 1/4 occurrence.

Can't believe you've signed Hamer, we had him on loan a few years ago and he's absolute dross.

Bet you were surprised and couldn’t believe we signed Rooney too.

Kasey Palmer has finally found a home I see. Can’t believe you paid 3.5 mill for a player that plays a good game 1/4.

But, your manager must have seen something.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Tombo said:

Whatever we all think, can we at least agree that the word "snowflake" needs binning ASAP?

Must be the most abused turn of phrase to describe someone feeling passionately about something you don't agree with.

I think for those who seem so offended by his 'anti' Derby comments and forest past, then Snowflake is the perfect term for them.

9 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Says he knew he was coming some time ago. When that was he doesn't say,but wonder what the delay was ?

I imagine  clubs / agents / 3rd parties are constantly sniffing around checking who is open to a move, who is unhappy, how much it may cost, what the contract would be etc. 

You are always relying on other clubs getting deals done, needing the money, being open to offers, fighting off other clubs..

Would be naive to think otherwise. 

No way you approach one player and just work towards that... only for their replacement to fail through and the deal get taken off the table. You also have your own budget to think of and who  else may still come in. Must be a constantly changing landscape with agents offering their player, but often just to drum up interest to get an auction going or even so they just get a better contract at their current club.

If this wasn't the case 'deadline day' wouldnt be a thing. Clubs would line up and buy players in an orderly fashion. Instead up to the last-minute deals are being taken to the wire as clubs hang on for a better price, adequate replacements, forcing players out etc. 

Must be a nightmare for clubs. Saying he wasn't plan A is a bit daft anyway. Sterling, Bale ...Mane...even Saha probably would be ahead of any of our plan A's ! You get what you can afford and who is available....that is what any 'plan' is based on. What you actually get is then what the plan was...if we asked and found Ayew  was for sale at £20m or Ibe refused to leave or Sinclair wants Premier League then they were never the plan as much as Sane wasn't!

I'm not bothered by the comments he's made in the past, I just don't think he's better than what we've got. He's an okay Championship winger, on his day he's a bit more and off his day he's a bit less. I highly doubt this is a signing that we'll be raving about in a couple months time and certainly strikes of us getting down our list pretty quick. 

10 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Perhaps the management know better than we give them credit for 

Don't be daft. Thats what we're here for. To put them right. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Bet you were surprised and couldn’t believe we signed Rooney too.

Kasey Palmer has finally found a home I see. Can’t believe you paid 3.5 mill for a player that plays a good game 1/4.

But, your manager must have seen something.

Hang in a tick, when did Palmer have that 1 good game in 4?!?

The comments about Derby make me laugh actually, he handled the question well. I dont want Derby players liking Forest regardless, so i dont mind him an ex red dog saying that he doesn't like us while at Bristol. Im sure Jamie Ward said a load about Forest while at Derby.

Lets not start judging him on his body language of all the things before hes played a second of football for us. I think hes a good player and has always been one of Bristol's better performers whenever ive seen them play. Cocu signed him for a reason so if he thinks hes good enough, hes probably good enough.

People having a little moan about him and already slating his quality will probably be signing about him or bouncing after he scores for us, Judge a player on the pitch not off it in one interview..... 

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

Lets not start judging him on his body language 

If there's one thing I've noticed in my time on this forum, it's that there are plenty of people more than willing to make hard and fast judgements (that they'll then hold onto for eternity) based on body language.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If there's one thing I've noticed in my time on this forum, it's that there are plenty of people more than willing to make hard and fast judgements (that they'll then hold onto for eternity) based on body language.

Just amazes me that if he was to come on tomorrow there would be people in the ground with a pre meditated opinion of him mostly based on twitter and an interview. Boos will be heard after one backwards pass or poor touch.

Im confident that he will do well for us and score some important goals.

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not bothered by the comments he's made in the past, I just don't think he's better than what we've got. He's an okay Championship winger, on his day he's a bit more and off his day he's a bit less. I highly doubt this is a signing that we'll be raving about in a couple months time and certainly strikes of us getting down our list pretty quick. 

That's the nature of a Championship winger. If he was on his game every game he'd be playing in the prem and involve a massive fee and high wages. As it is PC and co have faith that they can increase his consistency and turn him into a dangerous player for Derby. 

Look at the change in confidence in Evans and Lawrence in one game. Albeit it is only one game but I'd back them to have done their research and feel they can improve home 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

32 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Just amazes me that if he was to come on tomorrow there would be people in the ground with a pre meditated opinion of him mostly based on twitter and an interview. Boos will be heard after one backwards pass or poor touch.

Im confident that he will do well for us and score some important goals.

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I can remember a lot of folk on here having the exact same 'meh' opinion about Ince.  Not saying he'll have the same impact (who knows), but he's got good technique, so in the right environment he could do well.

I for one rate the lad, and I trust Cocu to get the best out of him.

Archived