Jump to content
David

Our Summer Business

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I remember when Derby's twitter account asked us, "Still up? 👀"

Leeds did something like that just to announce selling two players 😂. Top class poohousery.

Share this post


Link to post

I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I would have much rather taken a proper Wilson replacement over Rooney. Its 20 goals a season we haven't replaced and I can't see who's gonna fill those boots. Could be a major blow for us this season, and apart from the commercial benefits I dont see Rooney being a big asset for us really. Had a feeling the Rooney deal would potentially be at the cost of other signings. 

Share this post


Link to post

Some of the negativity around this transfer window amazes me. We've broken our record transfer fee on a promising young player, sured up our defence with a decent centre back pairing for Keogh, and signed Wayne Rooney on a deal that could make us money!

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DerpyDane said:

I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I would have much rather taken a proper Wilson replacement over Rooney. Its 20 goals a season we haven't replaced and I can't see who's gonna fill those boots. Could be a major blow for us this season, and apart from the commercial benefits I dont see Rooney being a big asset for us really. Had a feeling the Rooney deal would potentially be at the cost of other signings. 

Agree entirely. We've let a solid experienced keeper go leaving us with a couple of keepers who in my view are League One standard at best and we've not filled the Harry Wilson shaped hole in the team. 

Mel may see it as a genius move signing Rooney and commercially maybe it is, but if it has been done at the expense of other more sensible useful signings then it could turn out to be a poor piece of business. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Agree entirely. We've let a solid experienced keeper go leaving us with a couple of keepers who in my view are League One standard at best and we've not filled the Harry Wilson shaped hole in the team. 

Mel may see it as a genius move signing Rooney and commercially maybe it is, but if it has been done at the expense of other more sensible useful signings then it could turn out to be a poor piece of business. 

 

In Mel and Phillip we trust. You cannot sign players who do not want to sign for us. No rash buys

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, MK said:

Some of the negativity around this transfer window amazes me. We've broken our record transfer fee on a promising young player, sured up our defence with a decent centre back pairing for Keogh, and signed Wayne Rooney on a deal that could make us money!

 

Same here,some people are never happy who would have thought we would sign a player like Rooney because I never did in my lifetime. Unbelievable 

Share this post


Link to post

Think overall been good  - the hype around Rooney!! but think Shinne, Bilik, Clarke and Dowell. - great signings (albeit two are loan)

 

I think we have also done well holding onto Bogle - he surely wants to play with Roo - that must have been a big pull for him staying

 

I am a bit perplexed why we loaned out Carson - what if Roos get crocked 10 mins in on Sat......Mitchell? I ask yer - think that is a big risk...unless we are bringing someone in

 

surprised a bit we didn't get one/ two in more from mainland Europe - Brizzle, Leeds etc al all been busy there...

 

on the whole pretty good!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Positive signings, rather have quality and take our time bringing in the right players,sure we can still bring in other loanes?? Or possibly players from abroad.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ram1964 said:

Positive signings, rather have quality and take our time bringing in the right players,sure we can still bring in other loanes?? Or possibly players from abroad.

Loan window also shuts today

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Can’t you sign emergency loan goalies.

Don't quote me on it but I think that is only allowed in league 1 and 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Don't quote me on it but I think that is only allowed in league 1 and 2

 

17 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Can’t you sign emergency loan goalies.

Anyone can sign emergency loan GKs, but only when they don't have a GK who's registered in the senior team fit to play. I think.

Or maybe only one? I think none.

 

It's called an Emergency loan for that reason.

Edited by SaintRam

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.