Scott Sinclair - signed for PNE

DcFc Dyycheee

42 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I hope we sign him and proves all the doubters wrong. 

Nobody is doubting that Sinclair is better than Jozefzoon (I don’t think!). Didn’t disagree either that he’s not very good and has barely done anything in a rams shirt.

You can believe both things and a) believe that there’s worse out there and b) that perhaps we haven’t seen the best of him in a Rams shirt, and even if his best still isn’t good enough, it’s easy to over hammer the point.

I’ve seen so many worse players in my short time supporting the club.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

I can’t. I don’t know the squads well enough and even I did I doubt there’s many worse.

That’s not the point though, I was refuting the claim that simply anyone would be better. It’s that attitude that earned us a squad of 78 players with players like Blackman, Camara, Weimann and Johnson.

Here's a point:
Jozefzoon and Bennett are better than Blackman. Blackman managed to score 10 goals in half a season in the Championship.

Let's not write everyone off just cos we don't rate them, form can come to the unlikeliest players.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Here's a point:
Jozefzoon and Bennett are better than Blackman. Blackman managed to score 10 goals in half a season in the Championship.

Let's not write everyone off just cos we don't rate them, form can come to the unlikeliest players.

Yep and it works both ways. Shouldn’t overly condemn a player who’s in and out of the side, in a bad run of form, and doesn’t really fit the side but shouldn’t heap praise on average players hitting good form.

Think Sinclair has proven in his career that he’s the real deal and would be an improvement on what we already have. He excites me.

Bit of a over reaction here me thinks. Jozefzoon is a half decent player as is Bennett, The manager said we were looking for a RW who could possibly offer more than both of them, so people are just offering there opinion. People are not slating Jozefzoon, most are being honest in that he has had plenty of games to prove how good he is and yet has only stood out in a cup game away at Hull, If we signed Sinclair today and Jozefzoon started and scored 2 or 3 Saturday i would be really happy as i think he can be a very dangerous player in this league and i want him to show it. I trust Cocu he knows the squad better than anyone come 5 we will know more....

Now  our window is closed I understand we can only sign players who are free agents.So the only way Sinclair could come to Derby is if Celtic tore up his contract and he became a free agent.Which to me is a bit stupid for  saying we could sell Lowe to them lol

1 minute ago, TommyPowel said:

Now  our window is closed I understand we can only sign players who are free agents.So the only way Sinclair could come to Derby is if Celtic tore up his contract and he became a free agent

He would have had to be a free agent before our transfer deadline passed I'm afraid. Even if they tore up his contract now we would have to wait until Jan to register him.

1 minute ago, TommyPowel said:

Now  our window is closed I understand we can only sign players who are free agents.So the only way Sinclair could come to Derby is if Celtic tore up his contract and he became a free agent.Which to me is a bit stupid for  saying we could sell Lowe to them lol

Would need to be a free agent before our window closed I believe

My understanding is that Derby can only sign players who were free agents at the time our transfer window closed, so it's now too late to play Sinclair before the January transfer window opens.

Might be wrong of course. The whole free agents thing came about when a player claimed the transfer window regime was a restraint of trade so it could be a different interpretation.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Would need to be a free agent before our window closed I believe

Actually a player becomes a free agent as soon as the club holding his contract terminates it regardless of windows.I suppose in law it would be looked as restraint of trade for the free agent not to be allowed to work for new employers

6 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Actually a player becomes a free agent as soon as the club holding his contract terminates it regardless of windows.I suppose in law it would be looked as restraint of trade for the free agent not to be allowed to work for new employers

You are correct he would be a free agent as soon as they tore his contract up, however, clubs cannot sign a player outside of their transfer window that was registered to a club when the window closed. 

6 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Of course they are a free agent as soon as the contract is terminated, not disputing that, but if it’s terminated after the window closes another club can’t sign them until the next window, otherwise we would see all kind of shenanigans take place.

As for the legalities of such a rule, no idea, but clubs haven’t challenged it in court as far as I’m aware, don’t see Derby doing so to sign Sinclair having just brought in Paterson.

From reading the linked article I don’t see it as they are suggesting we could, just posing the question should they let him leave. Transfer windows will still be open in other countries where he can move to.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Of course they are a free agent as soon as the contract is terminated, not disputing that, but if it’s terminated after the window closes another club can’t sign them until the next window, otherwise we would see all kind of shenanigans take place.

As for the legalities of such a rule, no idea, but clubs haven’t challenged it in court as far as I’m aware, don’t see Derby doing so to sign Sinclair having just brought in Paterson.

From reading the linked article I don’t see it as they are suggesting we could, just posing the question should they let him leave. Transfer windows will still be open in other countries where he can move to.

theres always january if we need him then

Archived