Transport from Ilkeston

NottsRam

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

As far as i'm aware Heanor is the closest supporters bus, unless you get the Two into Derby.

Thanks, I have given them the Heanor option as I use it but I was thinking a pub or somewhere in Ilson might run a bus.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Cat and fiddle is good. 

Plenty of time in the pub before it leaves. Gets you there 15 mins before kick off to soak the atmosphere up. 

Sounds good.  How much do they charge please and do you have to book on?

19 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Sounds good.  How much do they charge please and do you have to book on?

You just go and ask ‘Stan’ for a ticket in the pub on the day. We get there anywhere from a couple hours before leaving right up to 15 minutes before leaving and have never struggled getting on. 

Not sure on price as since I bought my house I’ve been sponging off my dad at the football haha. It’s <5 return though I believe. 

I’m away this weekend otherwise I’d meet you at the pub to help sort you out so you know what to do moving forwards! 

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You just go and ask ‘Stan’ for a ticket in the pub on the day. We get there anywhere from a couple hours before leaving right up to 15 minutes before leaving and have never struggled getting on. 

Not sure on price as since I bought my house I’ve been sponging off my dad at the football haha. It’s <5 return though I believe. 

I’m away this weekend otherwise I’d meet you at the pub to help sort you out so you know what to do moving forwards! 

Thanks IlsonDerby, I will pass this on, it's not for me, someone asked for some help.

4 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Notts&Derby bus number 23 picks up from top of town for £4 return around 13:38, gets you to stadium around 14:30, double decker bus too always plenty of room ??

Thanks, didn't know about this service.

There’s an app you can use called Moovit, I’ve used it a couple of times. Stick in where you are and where you are going with times and it will tell you the best bus/tram/train to catch. Might be useful.

edit to add that’s on apple not sure if it’s on the others or not 

Archived