Genki Haraguchi

inter politics

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think assists are a great stat to judge someone on, a winger could put 10 pin point balls in only for a striker to miss every chance therefore it not being an assist, assists are as much about the finisher as they are the creator, chances created is a better stat to use maybe?

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I dont think assists are a great stat to judge someone on, a winger could put 10 pin point balls in only for a striker to miss every chance therefore it not being an assist, assists are as much about the finisher as they are the creator, chances created is a better stat to use maybe?

I agree , but 0 goals in 28 games playing across the front 3 is dog poopy scoopy

Not seen him play or even heard of him so can’t judge.

only things I’d say is stats can be an indication of ability but don’t always tell the full story. He could be a very good player in a rubbish team, or do a lot of the build up dragging players away without getting the final assist. 

We have to trust the scouting team and hope he fits in. Nice to see us throwing our net out further to attract the right players though 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Winger by the looks of it, so fits with what we need. Quick look at his stats look really quite poor mind, his goalscoring record has been pretty damn dire and he doesn’t seem to get many assists either. Would look very risky based on that, and probably not one I’d go for, given we really need a wide man with some end product. 28 as well so not exactly the ideal age for a winger for the long term if we move to sign him on a perm after a loan. Would be a strange move for him as well to come here, seems a sideways step from Hannover. Would be odd for Hannover to loan him out to our level as well, would think they’d want a perm.

If Watford are in for him as well then we probably have little chance of getting him here, but it seems he’s the backup option anyway so hopefully it won’t matter- wonder who our first choice winger target is though?

To be fair, when the elements themselves are conspiring against him, it makes it very difficult:

Based on this, I'm sure some will be calling for Snow to be signed as first-choice goalkeeper 

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

If he signs, we can definitely convince Leeds fans this is true.

Already planning my tweet

No ducking clue what this means but it sounds good! ? 

I really hope we sign him to be honest; I like the guy & his straight numbers aren't great but they're also at levels above the Championship

7 minutes ago, LERam said:

or do a lot of the build up dragging players away without getting the final assist. 

That's what this Hannover fan implies

Just now, Jourdan said:

This is more exciting than the Rooney signing.

As a Japan fan, and as someone particularly fond of this player; that's a stretch ? 

I *am* excited, but Rooney's Rooney.

7 minutes ago, LERam said:

Not seen him play or even heard of him so can’t judge.

only things I’d say is stats can be an indication of ability but don’t always tell the full story. He could be a very good player in a rubbish team, or do a lot of the build up dragging players away without getting the final assist. 

We have to trust the scouting team and hope he fits in. Nice to see us throwing our net out further to attract the right players though 

He is a good player. Can keep hold of the ball well and has a high pass completion rate in the games I've seen him play.

Very steady, but not exactly exciting to watch. His stats look bad at a glance as people always highlight goals and assists. He'd probably be more impressive statistically if people counted contribution towards goals like in Ice Hockey where you get an assist if you're involved in the immediate build up and not just the final pass.

I'd say he is more of a midfielder than a winger too, although he is versatile and will put his all into whichever position he gets selected for on match day.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No ducking clue what this means but it sounds good! ? 

I really hope we sign him to be honest; I like the guy & his straight numbers aren't great but they're also at levels above the Championship

Can't stand that Pendlebury bloke.  Utter hipster bell-whiff!

Just now, SaintRam said:

As a Japan fan, and as someone particularly fond of this player; that's a stretch ? 

I *am* excited, but Rooney's Rooney.

Rooney is a known quantity. We know he’s fantastic. We know everything about him. We know what he is capable of. It’s boring.

But Haraguchi? A Japanese international that is a complete unknown to most.

He could be dreadful. He could be fantastic. No one knows.

It’s the kind of left field signing that makes you sit up and say ‘Hmm. Interesting.’

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Rooney is a known quantity. We know he’s fantastic. We know everything about him. We know what he is capable of. It’s boring.

But Haraguchi? A Japanese international that is a complete unknown to most.

He could be dreadful. He could be fantastic. No one knows.

It’s the kind of left field signing that makes you sit up and say ‘Hmm. Interesting.’

I suppose in terms of unknown quantity yeah, you're completely right.

Although he's not that to me. 

I feel most people who don't know him won't get their hopes up though because his "major" stat lines are poor; hopefully he'd bring them all around after some games.

Just need to clear the simple obstacle of beating a mid-table PL team to his signature! Wayne Rooney is very popular in Japan, I wonder if that'll help us ?

Archived