Genki Haraguchi

inter politics

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, inter politics said:

What type of player is he, strengths, weaknesses?

Runs with the ball well, and doesn't lose much speed when he's in possession compared to his natural sprint. So he's often key to the early stages of counter attacks. Lots of energy and stamina, so covers defensively well.

Is more likely to lose the ball from a misplaced pass than by being tackled. Not great at crossing; but that will also be affected by the fact Japan don't usually have a lot of people in the box awaiting one - they're quite a short team.

Also, Genki means "Healthy" in Japanese, so he's surely immune to injury?

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Runs with the ball well, and doesn't lose much speed when he's in possession compared to his natural sprint. So he's often key to the early stages of counter attacks. Lots of energy and stamina, so covers defensively well.

Is more likely to lose the ball from a misplaced pass than by being tackled. Not great at crossing; but that will also be affected by the fact Japan don't usually have a lot of people in the box awaiting one - they're quite a short team.

Also, Genki means "Healthy" in Japanese, so he's surely immune to injury?

bit like Anya?

Can’t wait for us to be accused of increasing our carbon footprint and for climate change because Toyota are funding the deal

Haraguchi is a decent technical player as are pretty much all Japanese midfielders for the national team. I can't say he's the most exciting player from the current Japan squad. I follow Japanese players a lot as my wife is Japanese and it gives me something to talk about with my brother in-law when I go out there each year.

Would be good for our global PR and branding. Lots of Japanese fans would start to follow Derby.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

bit like Anya?

Hmmmmm.

To be frank, I've seen more of Haraguchi than Anya ? So I'm not totally sure.

Off the ball, I think he's less aggressive than Anya. On the ball, I think he's more aggressive. But not totally dissimilar I suppose. 
Haraguchi's not as pacey, but he's also less... hyper? 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Hmmmmm.

To be frank, I've seen more of Haraguchi than Anya ? So I'm not totally sure.

Off the ball, I think he's less aggressive than Anya. On the ball, I think he's more aggressive. But not totally dissimilar I suppose. 
Haraguchi's not as pacey, but he's also less... hyper? 

Don't be Frank be Phillip, Frank is so 2018.

Winger by the looks of it, so fits with what we need. Quick look at his stats look really quite poor mind, his goalscoring record has been pretty damn dire and he doesn’t seem to get many assists either. Would look very risky based on that, and probably not one I’d go for, given we really need a wide man with some end product. 28 as well so not exactly the ideal age for a winger for the long term if we move to sign him on a perm after a loan. Would be a strange move for him as well to come here, seems a sideways step from Hannover. Would be odd for Hannover to loan him out to our level as well, would think they’d want a perm.

If Watford are in for him as well then we probably have little chance of getting him here, but it seems he’s the backup option anyway so hopefully it won’t matter- wonder who our first choice winger target is though?

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Haraguchi is a decent technical player as are pretty much all Japanese midfielders for the national team. I can't say he's the most exciting player from the current Japan squad. I follow Japanese players a lot as my wife is Japanese and it gives me something to talk about with my brother in-law when I go out there each year.

Would be good for our global PR and branding. Lots of Japanese fans would start to follow Derby.

I was in Japan last year for a holiday. Got talking DCFC to a drunk local. He knew who Lampard was - that was about as far as we got! 

Would love it if we signed a Japanese player - would deffo raise our profile over there, plus a good excuse for a cheeky pre-season jaunt! 

4 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Worth signing just to see the attempts Ramage makes at his name.

take a shot every time he mispronounces it, 

mind, I did that in the play offs whenever the sky commentator mispronounced Roos, I died.

Archived