Adam Buksa

Kyle guest

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Whoooooo? Quick bit of fm research tells me he’s a striker. We really don’t need any of those, despite the fact he’s quite young and could maybe be a better third choice option to develop therefore than Martin. We have bigger priorities on the wing, centre mid and in goal. Would seem a very left field move for us in the second tier as well.

If we were in for him, 3m is probably a fair price for a European top flight striker at his age, and you’d think we could compete with West Brom and brizzle and Brentford for him in a transfer battle- though maybe not the top flight European teams who may be in talks as well. But I can’t imagine he’d be a priority and someone else will likely get him, although if we have opened talks like that article says maybe there is something in Martin going. Probably only early talks though even if it is true and nowhere near a deal.

I'm of the belief that we should always look to improve so if a striker that's better than what we have becomes available , whether we already have 2 or 4 strikers, why shouldn't we sign him?

Having said that, I know nothing about him so he may be crap, but you get my point ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Why on earth are we looking at another striker. Mariott and Waggy with a hint of Chrissy is fine. Im worried that Marriott will go, and personally i think he's one of the best finishers i've seen. Would be a shame. 

Would agree re Jack. At Peterborough he bagged over 30 goals in a season so must have been injury free? Is he fully fit now? 

12 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Why on earth are we looking at another striker. Mariott and Waggy with a hint of Chrissy is fine. Im worried that Marriott will go, and personally i think he's one of the best finishers i've seen. Would be a shame. 

Agree. Starting to doubt Marriott's injury and with the rumours of him and training last season, but maybe I am being paranoid.  Also a lot of modern strikers can now adopt to the wing or wide forward position and don't think any of those 3 can (effectively).  Understand if we get one in who can be utilised on the wing such as Locadia (although with Brighton spending 15m on him, can't see them writing a lot of that value off).  Overall I just just thought we were quite strong in that particular position with a bit a variety in playing style if needed.

21 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm of the belief that we should always look to improve so if a striker that's better than what we have becomes available , whether we already have 2 or 4 strikers, why shouldn't we sign him?

Having said that, I know nothing about him so he may be crap, but you get my point ?

Yeah I get your point, but we don’t have a lot of time and have higher priorities for me. Only way I can see us NEEDING another striker is if we let Martin go on a perm elsewhere in the division. 

Yeah I also have no clue about him, could be Leon best for all we know

48 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Anyone else think we are going to offload Marriott if we get another striker in? 

Yes does seem very strange that FL would not play him saying he is injured yet Cocu does the same but puts him on the bench,rumours have it he is a poor trainer with a attitude,lets see what happens but would not surprise me if the price was right

Archived