Jurgen Locadia - Joined Hoffenheim

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I think if he's consistently played up top then this is more than attainable. Had a decent game on Saturday and unlucky not to score just before half time. 

Locardia seems a bit like an Assombalonga to me but can't see it happening as Brighton spent a fortune on him. 

I wouldn't rule it out. It's not really worked out for him here. There's still hope, he's a had a decent pre-season and looks likely to start this weekend in a forward 3. If you come in with a decent fee though, and we think we can get a replacement in, I could see us going for it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'd really like us to sign this lad but with Waghorn and Marriott on the books, as well as Martin, I just can't see it unless someone is leaving.

Personally I'm really hoping Martin is leaving , his hold up play and link up play is very good but I really don't think he is good enough for a team hoping to be in the prem , for me ship out martin and bring in locadia and someone like ibe and someone like Kieran Westwood in goal and I think we would be real contenders 

34 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I thought he was playing really well against us in the FA Cup before going of injured. 

I'd always considered him as a striker though not a wide forward? 

He's a decent player in my mind,  didn't he cost Brghton quite a lot though? Is this going to see Bogle moving the other way?

He cost Brighton 15million,maybe could be a straight swap for Bogle.i personally prefer to keep Bogle.

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

Locadia did play as much on the wing as up front for PSV under Cocu and there are rumours that Brighton are after another striker and may break their transfer record for one. Could be one to look out for

I can actually see this happening, like cocu said the other day he likes players who can play in more than one position, so ticks boxes for a winger and target man

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely wages / fee makes this very tricky. A couple would have to leave? 

The only way I see it happening is either a loan if Brighton sign all these players they're being linked with and he's down the pecking order, or as part of a deal for Bogle

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely wages / fee makes this very tricky. A couple would have to leave? 

Wages not such a big issue at the moment after most of our biggest earners left (Nugent/Johnson/Bryson/Olsson/Butterfield)

I would not be surprised one bit to see us go down a similar route to the one Leeds went down with Helder Costa. Loan which becomes permanent next summer for a fee around £8-10m.

A goalscorer who can play as a ST, a RW or a LW. With Waghorn and Lawrence, this would be a very fluid front three and would fit Cocu's remit of a player who can play more than one position.

One to keep an eye on, I think. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Wages not such a big issue at the moment after most of our biggest earners left (Nugent/Johnson/Bryson/Olsson/Butterfield)

I would not be surprised one bit to see us go down a similar route to the one Leeds went down with Helder Costa. Loan which becomes permanent next summer for a fee around £8-10m.

A goalscorer who can play as a ST, a RW or a LW. With Waghorn and Lawrence, this would be a very fluid front three and would fit Cocu's remit of a player who can play more than one position.

One to keep an eye on, I think. 

I think when multiple outlets report it, it tends to have substance. 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The only way I see it happening is either a loan if Brighton sign all these players they're being linked with and he's down the pecking order, or as part of a deal for Bogle

I really hope we don’t lose Bogle without it being silly cash, even if we get him back on loan. I really think he’ll thrive this season

Saw him in one game that was on Sky, think it was against Arsenal, but I might be wrong...anyway, he was really good that day. Overall doesn’t seem to have had a great time though, but if Cocu can get the best out of him...?

guess it would be a loan.

Archived