Sign in to follow this  
Bilbo

How much is Rooney REALLY on?

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Footballers and every working person reaches a stage in their life for the ability to earn the maximum income .He has passed his max and is on the downward slope as a player only.

Like many other players he his now looking to move into other areas to try and satisfy is income needs and ambitions this happens in all professions and working environments .Only time will tell if he succeeds.

Thats not strictly correct.Taking  Rooneys case it seems it is pretty certain he has been on £300k per week since he was transfered from Man Utd in 2017 which according to mr google is £31200000,that added to whatever he earned the previous 15 years as a profesional player.He surely could not have spent most of it so i am convinced he is at the stage of his life where money DOES NOT  drive his ambitions.So along with lots of people who take early retirement or only work pat time they are not driven by money alone.BTW does this mean if we can get rid of Anya and Martin we will be actually on a profit

Not sure on your maths with 192+102=300 but yeah sure😂

The reports suggest 100k a week, can choose to believe that or not. But even if we do for a second believe it... yes it is unprecedented at this level, the highest a Derby player has ever been played, and looking at it simply, utterly mental to pay at second division level. But if you think about it, does it really matter? Reportedly it’s being more than covered by a record breaking individual sponsorship of his short number, the likes of which we’ve never seen before, so it’s not like it takes out our wage budget. That’s not to mention the potential FFP loophole of him coaching the academy meaning that we can write off half his wages possibly anyway in our profit/loss calculations. And even if that loophole didn’t work, think of all the wages we’ve lost in the likes of butterfield, Blackman, Johnson etc- they probably cover it anyway! 

Even in the worst possible reported situation, I don’t think this causes any financial concerns.

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not sure on your maths with 192+102=300 but yeah sure😂

The reports suggest 100k a week, can choose to believe that or not. But even if we do for a second believe it... yes it is unprecedented at this level, the highest a Derby player has ever been played, and looking at it simply, utterly mental to pay at second division level. But if you think about it, does it really matter? Reportedly it’s being more than covered by a record breaking individual sponsorship of his short number, the likes of which we’ve never seen before, so it’s not like it takes out our wage budget. That’s not to mention the potential FFP loophole of him coaching the academy meaning that we can write off half his wages possibly anyway in our profit/loss calculations. And even if that loophole didn’t work, think of all the wages we’ve lost in the likes of butterfield, Blackman, Johnson etc- they probably cover it anyway! 

Even in the worst possible reported situation, I don’t think this causes any financial concerns.

Done the maths --> 300 + 32p, written in Red in the contract ?

I reckon he's on at least £40k a week from us, with 32Red partnering with Rooneys charitable foundation and contributing a sizeable sum.

5 hours ago, Van De Squid said:

You need to ask Forest fans Leeds fans & Steve Gibson. They know more about Derby financial state than anyone else associated with Derby County! 

Bristol fans seem to be obsessing over our finances a bit too much as well

We saw the Lampard affect last season with extra tv coverage. 

How many extra games at over 100k per game are we likely to have in the next 2 seasons? 

I would estimate at around 15-20 games bringing in at least 2 million, when you add on extra advertising revenue. 

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

How many extra games at over 100k per game are we likely to have in the next 2 seasons? 

I would estimate at around 15-20 games bringing in at least 2 million, when you add on extra advertising revenue. 

Plus the shirts sold. I've seen 3 Rooney shirts already today and I work in Notts. Sold out of O's according to MM. 

@Bilbo are you hoping to get an actual answer here?

All I'm saying is, have you not spent enough time on here to realise that all any of us do is spread wild speculation and completely unfounded rumour?

I hate to disappoint, but I'd be surprised if we ever found out exactly how much Rooney is really on. But if the varied salary ranges that are quoted as 'ITK' for Ikechi Anya, Chris Martin, Jacob Butterfield, Bradley Johnson or Nick Blackman are anything to go by, perhaps we could set up a sweepstake and then one of us could make up the correct answer?

Sigh... I'm not buying into all this hype around Rooney. It's a commercial deal and the footballing/coaching element comes way down the list in importance. Mel wanted 3rd party investment and this is what it's about.

1 minute ago, KCG said:

Sigh... I'm not buying into all this hype around Rooney. It's a commercial deal and the footballing/coaching element comes way down the list in importance. Mel wanted 3rd party investment and this is what it's about.

Is there an echo in here? 😏

Only joking. You're probably not entirely wrong, although I suspect that's a cynical way of looking at things. I think he'll be rather more capable on the pitch than you think - but, hey, even if it is just a PR stunt aimed at raising commercial capital and securing investment, I can't knock it.

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

TV Money
Away - £10,000
Home (Sunday) - £120,000
Home (Thursday) - £140,000
Home (Other) - £100,000

League games on TV last season:
Reading Away
Leeds Home
Sheff Utd Home
WBA Away
Middlesbrough Away
Stoke Away
Forest Home
Sheff Utd Away
Leeds Away
Preston Away
Ipswich Away
Stoke Home
Blackburn Away
Forest Away
WBA Home (Sun)

Total: £620,000

Other games on TV:
Man Utd Away (Cup)
Chelsea Away (Cup)
Playoffs

I think you might be getting a bit carried away with 20 extra games bringing in £2m.

For comparison (and if my memory is correct), the average matchday income per fan per game is only about £13.50. 3,000 extra fans to see Rooney in the ground and that's an extra £405k this season.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

TV Money
Away - £10,000
Home (Sunday) - £120,000
Home (Thursday) - £140,000
Home (Other) - £100,000

League games on TV last season:
Reading Away
Leeds Home
Sheff Utd Home
WBA Away
Middlesbrough Away
Stoke Away
Forest Home
Sheff Utd Away
Leeds Away
Preston Away
Ipswich Away
Stoke Home
Blackburn Away
Forest Away
WBA Home (Sun)

Total: £620,000

Other games on TV:
Man Utd Away (Cup)
Chelsea Away (Cup)
Playoffs

I think you might be getting a bit carried away with 20 extra games bringing in £2m.

For comparison (and if my memory is correct), the average matchday income per fan per game is only about £13.50. 3,000 extra fans to see Rooney in the ground and that's an extra £405k this season.

Which, if correct GoC, just goes to show how right Mel is about the terrible TV deal the EFL negotiated

It doesn't matter. Mel has made it quite clear when interviewed that because of the commercial opportunities with sponsorship etc that it will probably be the most economical signing we have ever made. He knows what he is doing.