Rooney Performances @ D.C. United

Day

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

That's bloody harsh! He will have expected that to be someones back or shoulder, the type of thing that happens on EVERY corner, not their face.

watch the defender he actually turns towards Rooney with his shoulder.  Anyway less games to play.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

If you look carefully it seems like Rooney is trying to track his man from an incoming corner or freekick and the other guy tries to block him off. Rooney pushes through and the guy goes to ground clutching his face although no contact with his face is made.

Yep, the other player looks at Rooney and steps into him to block his run.

This was my fear. The media circus that will inevitably follow him to Pride Park. I understand the need to attract the publicity of high profile players (preferably better publicity) in order to appeal to investors BUT this guy is becoming the new Gazza. It will prove to be a distraction to what Cocu is trying to achieve on the pitch.

I was a big fan of signing Rooney but now I can’t help but feel this one is going to blow up in everyone’s faces. It isn’t like Ashley Cole who now has a settled home life with his new partner and child so could focus all his energy on the training pitch so the paparazzi weren’t interested. Rooney’s performances on the pitch recently have deteriorated a lot and he has huge drinking problems.

One could argue that Coleen is the key to prevent Rooney from self destructing. If she leaves and takes the children, I really worry for Rooney that he could become the new George Best or Gazza. And with that comes bad publicity and you can get your hat that the media will be waiting to pounce upon any mistakes made by Rooney when he arrives here and that could cause disruption amongst the squad.

5 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Colleens  flown over and told him to break his contract and come back to England!

Can he start early?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7393473/Wayne-Rooney-parties-woman-nightclub-getting-lift-mystery-brunette.html

Blimey that article seemed to go on forever, telling you the same thing over and over. Everything will turn out reet in the end. Wazza is gonna be a revelation. 

Archived