OK, so who's buying a shirt before January?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Which team will Rooney be able to play against first. Is it from January 1st

Barnsley if it gets picked for TV.

3rd Round FA Cup if not.

We'll be on a 17 game unbeaten run when he arrives, so no way he's getting into a league start up, whether Barnsley game gets moved for TV or not.  Besides, we'll be away to Manure for the cup game, so that's his debut right there... with a winning penalty to boot!    

#notworthabookmark

10 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Why can he play only if we are selected for TV?

From what I understand, he can’t register until 1st January, so he can’t play until the day after.  The match is currently scheduled for the 1st January so he won’t be registered in time, but if it’s selected for TV then it will be played on the 2nd January and he’d be ok to play (or something along those lines).

25 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Why can he play only if we are selected for TV?

Because the EFL said so here.

43.2, registrations of Players are only permitted during a Transfer Window.

1.3 The Winter Transfer Window in any Season shall:

42.3.1 commence at midnight on 31 December

43.8.1 submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time) to and received by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match

My Lad always gets a shirt, has the home one already and I think he wants the away but won’t break into the wad of money a 14 yr old gets for their birthday these days.

like someone else has said, I’ve never worn one but am considering to this season. Not cause of Rooney, just like the design. May even get one today ( it’s my birthday) no one is about so maybe their hiding about to jump out to shout SUPRISE and shower me in gifts. I fear will be just another day but with 3 cards from one stop to open later when they all get up ?

Not normally one to buy a shirt this early in the season, but tempted to today. 

Not because of Rooney signing either, but because of the media meltdown over the whole thing. Fully support Mel in what he's done for the club and the ingenuity of the deal, buying a shirt would be small part of showing some solidarity from the fans with the club. 

6 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

My Lad always gets a shirt, has the home one already and I think he wants the away but won’t break into the wad of money a 14 yr old gets for their birthday these days.

like someone else has said, I’ve never worn one but am considering to this season. Not cause of Rooney, just like the design. May even get one today ( it’s my birthday) no one is about so maybe their hiding about to jump out to shout SUPRISE and shower me in gifts. I fear will be just another day but with 3 cards from one stop to open later when they all get up ?

Happy birthday! I hope you are celebrating with a win. 

On 6 August 2019 at 22:11, angieram said:

Mel said on Radio Derby earlier that they've ran out of 'O's and should have had the foresight to order in an extra 200,000!

DcfcFans will just have to have @rynny instead

Archived