OK, so who's buying a shirt before January?

I’m too old to pull off a Rooney 32 shirt...... I might just do it anyway though if only to wind up all my Forest supporting mates. They know I would be so against it so might be fun watching them foam at the mouth when I casually go to the pub in my new shirt and claim I’ve always wanted it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I would get one but my handwriting is crap and i don't want to walk around in a shirt with RODNEY on the back.

19 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Let me ask you this - if somebody said to you 48 hours ago that if you purchased a shirt from the DCFC megastore for £48 and this meant Wayne Rooney would sign for Derby, would you have done it? 

I know some people can afford it more than others but would you sacrifice letting your missus having her nails done just once if it meant we could sign somenody like WR32? 

Let me ask you this - where the fudge does your missus get her nails done for them to cost that much??!?!?

20 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Let me ask you this - if somebody said to you 48 hours ago that if you purchased a shirt from the DCFC megastore for £48 and this meant Wayne Rooney would sign for Derby, would you have done it? 

I know some people can afford it more than others but would you sacrifice letting your missus having her nails done just once if it meant we could sign somenody like WR32? 

That's a silly question - because me buying a shirt would have nothing to do with Rooney signing. I can afford it - I just don't think it's good value for money.

I ask the question more about where is the highest return (Economies of scale pricing) on football shirts. I'm sure lots of research has gone into this as most clubs charge these silly prices. I would pay £30, maybe even £35 but that's the peak for me. After that, I feel like it becomes too expensive. I imagine the cost price behind the shirts is probably around £5-£10 each. At £50 say, minus the 20% for VAT it takes it down to circa £42 - the margins are healthy, but the margins are still healthy if it was price at £30-£35.

Still - I'm sure the research has been done...

I’ve never bought a shirt for me. Yes for nephews, nieces and friends kids but never my own. The only football top I have is an England 5 Germany 1 Cotton T shirt with all the scorers on 

Lots of Mugs, scarfs, bobble hats, even gloves once but I just don’t like the shirt fabrics. But my pledge to DCFC is that if Rooney gets a hat trick and we get promoted I will break this lifetime embargo 

Archived